Very good weekend. I am so proud and inspired.

Dirtyhip

We really didn't have room for a track on our city lot.  Would could have done a very tiny one, but I think it would have destroyed our property value.  The new place has enough space that it will not matter. 

HAHA, when we finished that enormous chipping project we hi fived each other and it was an amazing moment of togetherness and victory.  There were no words, we knew what we were each thinking.  On the home project and colors, we have had very little conflicting opinions.  It's like we have a similar vision and unified tastes.

• Heart 1

54 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We worked tirelessly on the new property much of the weekend, and did one MTB ride.  I am planning on turning our new place into an oasis of growth, and we will have a pump track too.  

I planted our first two trees on the property last night.  One is a star magnolia and the second one is a volunteer Catulpa that we rescued from the path of the lawnmower.  

Feeling very inspired and so excited.  We are so fortunate to have found this property before someone else did.  It's ours and we are going to make it wonderful. 

I'm teary eyed from how grateful I feel right about now.

I hope you didn't plant that Catulpa above any water-bearing lines!

My Grandmother planted one in my parents' yard the day I was born - almost right above the sewage drain line from the house.  In my 40's, my mother phoned me and said the Roto Rooter guy couldn't clean out her drain pipes.  My brother and I cut down the tree, paid an unemployed friend to dig up the sewage line from the house to the county connection on the street, learned from a county inspector how to replace the old root-filled cast iron pipe with new plastic stuff, and did so.

In our neighborhood, we kids just knew it as an "Indian Cigar Tree" and we tried to light and smoke the long seed "cigars" when they dried in the Fall.  We concluded the Indians were nuts if they smoked that stuff.  I doubt they ever did!

Just now, MickinMD said:

I hope you didn't plant that Catulpa above any water-bearing lines!

My Grandmother planted one in my parents' yard the day I was born - almost right above the sewage drain line from the house.  In my 40's, my mother phoned me and said the Roto Rooter guy couldn't clean out her drain pipes.  My brother and I cut down the tree, paid an unemployed friend to dig up the sewage line from the house to the county connection on the street, learned from a county inspector how to replace the old root-filled cast iron pipe with new plastic stuff, and did so.

In our neighborhood, we kids just knew it as an "Indian Cigar Tree" and we tried to light and smoke the long seed "cigars" when they dried in the Fall.  We concluded the Indians were nuts if they smoked that stuff.  I doubt they ever did!

We planted it well away from the septic.  We will plant no trees near the lines.  

Thank you fr the helpful advice.

22 minutes ago, groupw said:

Oh sure. Pretend like he wasn’t even there! “Oh we just got the chipper to get rid of the branches”. Right....

HAHA!  Nice.  That joke zoomed over my head.  

8 minutes ago, groupw said:

Has anyone seen or heard from the big boat guy lately?

He would never fit in the chute.  

The boat and giant trailer have been winterized and we will hopefully be gone before it is used again.  I am so out of there, as soon as my walls are up.  

• Haha 1