You only get one question...

Square Wheels

I don't even know how to answer that because my favorite anything changes all the time. The was a comedian said beaches in California are like, "that is the most beautiful woman, I have ever seen. No wait THAT woman is the most beautiful....WAIT!...."

I'm kind of that way with music, actors, etc. If I'm in the moment, it's awesome and they are my favorite AT THAT MOMENT...

WoBG, our daughter and her girlfriend, and I saw a David Copperfield show in Peoria IL.   David selects people from the audience for some magic tricks.  Somehow (luck??) I got tickets in the first or second row.  David started looking for someone...  I thought for sure he would pick our daughter or her girlfriend. No... he picked me for the trick where he walks thru the mirror.

I want him to tell me how he did that.   I'd agree to be sworn to secrecy...  I just want to know.   (that's not me)

15 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

You meet your favorite artist, band, author, actor... and you can only ask them one question, what would it be?

"How you doing?"

Honestly, I have no interest in meeting or asking anything of most folks - famous, infamous, or unknown.  Now, if truth serum was involved and I could get a 100% true and accurate answer to a question, something closer to ChrisL's reply would be in order.  Otherwise, famous folks really don't hold too much interest to me.

Going with the Christian belief that the Bible is the 'Word of God', I would ask the author, "Am I getting into heaven and is my dog there?"

If I could just ask any famous or well known person(not my favourite) a question, it would be "Why, for the love of God, are you SUCH a fucking idiot?"

I had a roast beef dinner and beer after beer with NFL Hall of Famer Artie Donovan but, since I had slipped my Dad into our county coaches meeting as an assistant coach so he could meet him - and make up for not including my Dad in a presentation I made on the mound of an Orioles game years earlier - I let my Dad do almost all the talking with Artie sitting right across from us.  They both shared WW2 and sports stories for almost an hour.  Artie had put away twelve 16 oz. Schlitz beers before he gave his talk.  It was dirty and hilarious - you may recall he used to appear on Letterman on occasion when he did his late show.

I don't know what to ask otherwise.  Anna Faris, Mila Kunis, etc. would not be interested in a 70 year-old non-rich guy so I'd probably ask them about their careers.  If it is a musician, I'd ask a question about musical performance.

I met the great classical pianist Lang Lang - my virtuoso piano teacher gave me her backstage post-concert-party passes - and I asked him about the 5-note scale used in old Chinese music, of which he had played a few selections in addition to Beethoven, Chopin, etc.

1433100014_MickLangLang1-croppedforframedpic.thumb.jpg.a5eac746cea535235a8f4be5c66fdef9.jpg 1647895248_LAngLAngConcertTicket.thumb.jpg.e04ff6c2be48d1a0c1e693ba518f74a2.jpg