I haven't been riding...

Randomguy

I went for a ride last week and flatted the rear tire. A tiny glass shard was the culprit. Replaced the tube and inflate with CO2. Fine. Unscrew the pump hose and remove the core, all the air leaks out. Shit. Try with second CO2. Happens again. Shit. Pump tire up to 30 psi with tiny hand pump and slow roll the final 4 miles. I’m gun shy about riding now. I did buy a new pump on Saturday. First flat in four years.

With four weeks of training going on, I have only been riding back and forth to work,  so nothing but the 6 miles a day.  Temps are low 40s and the rainy season seems to have started

May put my road bike on the trainer this week to at least spin the pedals inside

• Heart 1

I'm riding on gravel after work a couple times/week. It's harvest season so even the gravel has some traffic, but for the most part they are pretty good about it. Things are so dry right now, the dust in the air is horrible! I had a nasty, dusty cough after my run last night. 

It's going to get a lot colder next week. Will test my mettle for the night rides. If too bad, I can put the roadie on the trainer in the garage. I do try to get out and ride on the weekends in winter when possible. Even an hour is good for my mental state...

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

No, on any ride, day or night :angry: I've seen a snake riding, screamed, BCC laughed :wacko:

We have the big black rat snakes that sun themselves on the bike path.  If you happen to be cruising along at 20mph, they look like gaps in the asphalt until you are about to roll over them when you realize its a 5' snake!  I've run over a couple and bunny hopped quite a few.  I think they survive me riding over them as you rarely see a dead one.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

We have the big black rat snakes that sun themselves on the bike path.  If you happen to be cruising along at 20mph, they look like gaps in the asphalt until you are about to roll over them when you realize its a 5' snake!  I've run over a couple and bunny hopped quite a few.  I think they survive me riding over them as you rarely see a dead one.

I accidentally ran over a tiny snake recently on the bike path. Little thing was just oot for a stroll on a nice sunny day, like me. It seemed to be fine. I felt bad :(

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

I accidentally ran over a tiny snake recently on the bike path. Little thing was just oot for a stroll on a nice sunny day, like me. It seemed to be fine. I felt bad :(

Saw a guy hit a kamikaze squirrel on my last ride.  Looked like it survived as it kept heading into the bushes.  :(  He was lucky the squirrel didn't cause him to crash.  I rode over a GROUNDHOG a couple years ago.  I got the front wheel up in time, but couldn't pull off a bunny hop that quickly.  He seemed fine when I looked back, but no way to know.

• Sad 1

Riding more and more this year, thanks to WFH and getting myself physically capable of riding. Averaging between 60-100 miles a week. Been getting up at 4:30 and hitting the road for 20-25mi rides 3 days a week and then squeezing a longer ride on weekends where applicable.

Feels fantastic to actually be riding again. Bought new bibs and even broke the leg warmers out for Wednesdays ride (low 50s). Today I got a quickie 15 miler mapped for a lunch ride. Weather is beautiful breezy 80's.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 11/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, Square Wheels said:

If you're worried about riding at night, get one of these.  I run with one.  The lights blink and change colors.  You're seen from every angle.  I don't even know it's on me.

What Gear Do I Need to Safely Run in the Dark? | Outside Online

I went for a short ride last night and saw one of those.  It was really bright, you couldn't miss it!