Healthcare rant

Dirtyhip

Older Neurologist retired.  I absolutely loved him.  He referred me to a new person in his office.  Months went by, and no one scheduled me in.  I fell into an abyss. I had to call and ask what was going on.  I usually go once a year.  To make matters worse, their phone system is garbage.  You call and get left on hold for at least 20 minutes, sometimes up to 45 minutes and they have no answering service option.  I have to call at work, so you can imagine this is an issue.

I finally have an appointment to see a new Neuro, in Jan.  Well, they kicked back my medication request three times, stating "I am an unknown patient."  

My pharmacy will not fill without a script.  I just spent 45 minutes on the phone dealing with this mess and begging them to help me.  I have cried up my mask and it is all wet now.  I am a mess.

There are basically no other neurologists to see.  There is a major shortage of them.  I have to travel over 90 minutes just to see the one I have. 

FUCK!  I want to scream, but all I can no is cry I am so worn out.

• Sad 5
  • Hugs 2

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Older Neurologist retired.  I absolutely loved him.  He referred me to a new person in his office.  Months went by, and no one scheduled me in.  I fell into an abyss. I had to call and ask what was going on.  I usually go once a year.  To make matters worse, their phone system is garbage.  You call and get left on hold for at least 20 minutes, sometimes up to 45 minutes and they have no answering service option.  I have to call at work, so you can imagine this is an issue.

I finally have an appointment to see a new Neuro, in Jan.  Well, they kicked back my medication request three times, stating "I am an unknown patient."  

My pharmacy will not fill without a script.  I just spent 45 minutes on the phone dealing with this mess and begging them to help me.  I have cried up my mask and it is all wet now.  I am a mess.

There are basically no other neurologists to see.  There is a major shortage of them.  I have to travel over 90 minutes just to see the one I have. 

FUCK!  I want to scream, but all I can no is cry I am so worn out.

My doctor's and dentist's office are awful, as is CVS where I have to get my 90 day prescriptions.

Since two Friday's back, I've been trying to get a prescription for the 2-week-at-a-time automatic blood sugar reader, Freestyle Libre.  Medicare/Carefirst BCBS has approved it but they won't let chain pharmacies like CVS fill it.  CVS eventually told me that - only after I phoned them - and then gave me the name of a pharmacy that could do it.  It couldn't.  I called my doctor's office Monday and the prescription phone desk woman said she'd have my doctor send the script to a certain pharmacy. I'm still waiting to find out and don't know if I'll be getting a 90-day prescription or if I'll have to pay double or more for every three 30 day scripts.  If I have to start with a 30-day script, then it's a call to my former employer's retiree healthcare person and wait God knows how long before the insurance companies agree to 90 day scripts.

Sorry to hear this DH.  

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

M I called my doctor's office Monday and the prescription phone desk woman said she'd have my doctor send the script to a certain pharmacy. I'm still waiting to find out and don't know if I'll be getting a 90-day prescription or if I'll have to pay double or more for every three 30 day scripts.  If I have to start with a 30-day script, then it's a call to my former employer's retiree healthcare person and wait God knows how long before the insurance companies agree to 90 day scripts.

I'm not yet in a situation for 90 day scripts or even 30 day scripts.

I'm certain I could arrange a video appoint. with doctor and she will give me 30 day scripts.  My drugs are non-life dependent so far.  It's to stop further development into something more significant.