From my ride tonight.

groupw

10 hours ago, groupw said:

Gravel is pretty safe to ride at night since there is little traffic.

I find gravel to have a LOT of pot holes, ruts, eroded shoulders, random branches, and other tough to spot in low light conditions (or coming from sun to shade).  The greatly reduced traffic definitely helps, but the on the road stuff often surprises me in the daylight.

But yeah, with good lights, it is sure nice to get a ride in AND get some nice photos to share!

3 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Watch oot for those deers and other animules!

Deer are plentiful here. I know to watch for them and where to REALLY watch for them! Had a cat or raccoon pass just on the edge of my headlight last night. 

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I find gravel to have a LOT of pot holes, ruts, eroded shoulders, random branches, and other tough to spot in low light conditions (or coming from sun to shade).  The greatly reduced traffic definitely helps, but the on the road stuff often surprises me in the daylight.

But yeah, with good lights, it is sure nice to get a ride in AND get some nice photos to share!

Right now, the biggest issues are washboard surface and a lot of gravel that was laid down just before harvest. I dread winter, but hoping for enough snow next week they have to plow some roads. It would fix both issues. I have a pretty good light or I wouldn't go out. It has 3 brightness levels and the 2nd level is good enough for most nights. 

• Heart 1