If you have a woofer, does he or she always get the last bite? Do catz beg?

Ralphie

4 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Ruby usually does unless I forget.

My pup was lazily sleeping on the couch last night.  I was finishing up some cottage cheese and mandarin oranges.  The second I finished and put the bowl down on the table, she was up and in my grill!  WHERE'S MY SHARE!!!!

She clearly knows all of our habits and routines, and knows where she believes she fits in to those routines.  If we get too far past 7pm (6pm now), and she hasn't gotten her treat ball or bully, she let's us know IT IS TIME. 

And, yes, cats beg and do similar stuff.  They are just more vindictive if you don't do what they want.

• Haha 1

Lucy gets no table scraps.  The only people food she gets are the bones if I have ribs or a steak.

Cats beg.  My cats would dash to the kitchen when they hear me crack open their food then start screaming at me until I set it down.  They did the same thing with I opened a can of tuna since I would squeeze the water the tuna was packed in into small bowls for them to lap up.  I created monsters. They got so aggressive I had to go into the bathroom and close the door whenever I opened a can of anything.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

Maggie will beg with my wife, and she'll pat down, sniffing everyone's pockets when they come in the house. But she learned I won't give her people food, at least not on purpose. My popcorn kernels have been known to hit the floor from time to time. ;)

And even after a few years, we still can't leave pizza or other fast food on the counter unattended.  :whistle:

I have completely ruined Romeo.  He will sit at my feet or in my lap wating for me to finish.  If I do not give him a scrap, he begins to yip at me.  When I put my plate down, he will jump into my lap to look for crumbs.  

He has now started the yipping at other people.  It is actually pretty cute and it usually pays off for him in the end

My poor kitty is on a restricted diet and has to eat only prescription, single ingredient food.  If he were allowed treats, I'd probably give him some at the start of the meal and then not allow him to eat from my plate.  But he gets so eager when I'm having food that I feel bad I can't give him any.

No.  There are no pets in our home, currently. I have a crap ton of deer though.

There is a kitty that visits from the neighbor.  It is very curious about what is happening on the property.  It's a nice kitty.  I am making friends with all my animal neighbors.  

We may get chickens again, like chicken tractor coop that can be moved around. 

My sister has two dogs and puts their food bowls on opposite sides of her kitchen island so one dog won't finish first then barge in on the other.  It doesn't always work - the bigger, younger Beagle/Pug-mix sometimes tries to grab some of the old, blind Yorkie-mix's food.

Sometimes I feed them and her cat when her family is on vacation and the cat has an automatic feeder and there's an automatic watering station they all use.

But the cat plaintively meows at me when I feed the dogs as if she's been left out, so I get a piece of food out of the fridge as a treat for her.