What if I want full pea soup?

Randomguy

39 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

ever been?

Yup.  It is very good, but expensive.  $8 or so for a small soup, but they give you bread and a piece of fruit.  Hale & Hearty is the other one close by, it is a chain.  It is also good, and also expensive.   I get soup out once a year or so if I am not in the office, more often if I am scrambling for lunch (but that hasn't happened since March).

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yup.  It is very good, but expensive.  $8 or so for a small soup, but they give you bread and a piece of fruit.  Hale & Hearty is the other one close by, it is a chain.  It is also good, and also expensive.   I get soup out once a year or so if I am not in the office, more often if I am scrambling for lunch (but that hasn't happened since March).

Is he really mean?  Is the story slightly accurate?

We used to have a burger place that was really excellent, but it was the same way.  Do not ask questions.  Do not change the burger from their normal routine.  NO small talk.  Just order, and shut up.  

It was ran by some older ladies, and they were grouchy as all hell.  Great food.  Homemade buns that were fantastic.

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

I haven't seen him, but I would be looking for the actor that played him.  Anyway, they aren't mean, they just show serious disinterest in being chatty with anyone.

I think the conditions that allowed them to be picky with their customers back in the day have waned for the most part.  There is another soup place across the street and multiple fast and slow food options at hand.  Probably there wasn't much soup competition at the time, and no internet or yelp backlash to be concerned about.

Just now, Randomguy said:

I haven't seen him, but I would be looking for the actor that played him.  Anyway, they aren't mean, they just show serious disinterest in being chatty with anyone.

I think the conditions that allowed them to be picky with their customers back in the day have waned for the most part.  There is another soup place across the street and multiple fast and slow food options at hand.  Probably there wasn't much soup competition at the time, and no internet or yelp backlash to be concerned about.

A good place this is busy does not want to chat.  I think that is why our local place acted this way. Order and please shut up and step in line.

• Haha 1

These guys only know how to split peas in 1/2, that’s why!  
7EFEBA33-F0FB-4243-A65D-6129E8646B23.png.02a4aaa3be4d72f1064759bce45bb3e2.png

Anderson’s Pea Soup joints used to dot the 5 Fwy along CA but I think there is only one now.  These two were their mascots.  My parents used to love going to the one in Carlsbad & hit the Euro market for cheese & other goodies they sold. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

We used to have a burger place that was really excellent, but it was the same way.  Do not ask questions.  Do not change the burger from their normal routine.  NO small talk.  Just order, and shut up.  

It was ran by some older ladies, and they were grouchy as all hell.  Great food.  Homemade buns that were fantastic.

Reminds me of the Billy Goat Tavern - SNL  Cheeseburger cheeseburger no Pepsi, Coke.  The place is a hoot.  And yes the menu includes Cheeseburgers and cheeseburgers and Coke (no Pepsi)

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

order a cheesesteak wrong at some places in Philly and they'll look right through you to the next customer.

It's right there on the sign, read it before openin yer yap.

Yeah been there done that... I was TDY in Philly for two weeks and the first time I ordered a cheesesteak the guy yelled at me WID!?!?!? Wid, what?  Next!!! Yeah yeah Wid!!! 

I later found out ”wid” is with onions & peppers.