Aug 8 miles

Road Runner

I think it was about 2.2 miles.   ...with the grandkids. A six and a half year old should not still be using training wheels!

Ever!  I am a huge fan of the method where you teach a kid sans training wheels by removing the pedals and using a gently sloping incline.  I was lucky enough to have one of those gently sloping inclines right out in front of my house.

Ever!  I am a huge fan of the method where you teach a kid sans training wheels by removing the pedals and using a gently sloping incline.  I was lucky enough to have one of those gently sloping inclines right out in front of my house.

Yep. Training wheels are stupid. They just teach a kid how to lean. But, he's too much of a wussy to try riding without them.

I'm a fan of raising the training wheels as high as possible.  Tell them to work on not letting either side touch.

This is how they are and I tried that. He doesn't even want to try it and just rides along with a gangster lean.  :dontknow:

Put a helmet on the kid if he's a wuss, and walk along holding the seat for a few tries. Eventually stop walking, and watch the kid have his first bike wreck.

He's wearing a helmet. His step-dad has tried the walk along, but, like I said, he's just a wuss and is afraid of crashing. He won't get on the bike without the training wheels.