Side benefit of Covid

ChrisL

20 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...WAIT...WHAT?!?!?!?!

Have you been living under a rock since March?  Many - but not all - employers are required to provide an extra 14 days of paid sick leave.  There is obviously more to it than that and there are requirements for those that have to miss work to care for immediate family diagnosed with COVID.

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Have you been living under a rock since March?  Many - but not all - employers are required to provide an extra 14 days of paid sick leave.  There is obviously more to it than that and there are requirements for those that have to miss work to care for immediate family diagnosed with COVID.

I have been BLESSED not to have any knowledge ... of COVID illness provisions.  Crossing my fingers, but none of my immediate family have gotten COVID.  One of my SiL is as close as it has come (I have a LOT of SiL and BiL). 

5 hours ago, ChrisL said:

It seems every fall I come down with a pretty nasty cold.  I know this as the past several years I planned to participate in a local cyclocross event and every year I seem to get sick & just watch instead.  The last CX event I did was an early Oct event 4-5 years ago.  

It seems like the safety protocols brought on by Covid has kept the nasty cold bugs at bay too and although I really don’t track mileage have to have one of the better falls mileage wise in ages.

People's habits play a role in how lots of bacteria and viruses get the opportunity to infect them.

Those of us teachers (140 total) at our school who got flu shots every year tended to retire with 150 or more unused sick days (for which there were severance and pension rewards). Those who didn't get the shots tended to retire with less than 50 days.  Of course, it may be that those who got the flu shots were also more careful about our health in other ways that reduced the likelihood of illness.