And bam, we are yellow

Airehead

I texted my trainer..he can go back to work Thursday after his diagnosis..14 days from contact for me is Thursday meaning I could go back on Friday..just does not make sense to me...My doc did say 9 days and negative test..today is day 11.

This is so hard..I am not sure what will happen at work..state will be implementing more restrictions.

• Sad 2

You two are really inspirational.  Kudos to you and the other people who really do have jobs that directly and personally impact the people with special needs for whatever reason.   This year has been hard for a lot of reasons, but you make a real difference to the young and the elderly who need you.  I appreciate all the thought you put into making sure their needs are met, but that you are doing everything possible to keep them safe.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

Most of my County is now yellow. I must find a way to test 20% of my staff and students each week starting WEDNESDAY.  Still waiting on directions from the county but I am applying to be a certified lab. I will have to pull staff from their real work to do this. I am determined we will stay open. Our kids and families need us open. If we cannot test, we must go all remote. Failure is not an option. 

Can you do these?

https://www.vaulthealth.com/covid/corporate

WY Dept of Health is offering them free to WY residents. I just ordered mine. We are in the red.

5 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I thought this was all going to go away after Nov 3rd?  

I am testing about 11 people today.  Have your people swing by here and I will try to test them.  

It did. You may be watching the wrong TV channel. 

5 hours ago, goldendesign said:

Sorry to hear that, it's gonna get worse.

Not if you watch the right shows.  It's all a mirage.

• Haha 2

OC CA is trending well below the national average and better than our neighboring counties but we are seeing increases as well.  We had more reported cases this week with our employee base (all remote) than last week. Last week exceeded the previous week so we are seeing with my firm too.

Things are not good here, right now. Numbers are up sharply. More people in our sphere getting positives. So far we have had enough time from when we saw them we are ok....so far..

Talked to a Dr friend over the weekend. She is so frustrated that patients and people in general will not take measures unless ordered to and the governor won't do a mask mandate despite hospitalizations at alarming levels. The new DHM is all over the map about what businesses should do and there is not a lot of rhyme or reason to the recommended practices except to keep certain businesses open. I have friends in those businesses and even they are confused by the way it's being handled this time. 

13 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I thought this was all going to go away after Nov 3rd?  

I am testing about 11 people today.  Have your people swing by here and I will try to test them.  

What if I double your salary and Einstein flies you home on weekends and holidays.  Would you come work for me?  I'll give you a nice office, a power chair, and all the noses to swab that you want.

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, groupw said:

the governor won't do a mask mandate

Like a mandate for masks in stores? Or some broader order?  Seems an order for mask wearing in stores or the like is pretty much a no-brainer at this point.  Am I missing something? I assume the national chains all have mask rules in effect, so a mask order would just spread it to the smaller businesses with no cost impact whatsoever.  Seems a win-win. Healthy customers and remain open. Unhealthy customers and closed with no revenue.

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Like a mandate for masks in stores? Or some broader order?  Seems an order for mask wearing in stores or the like is pretty much a no-brainer at this point.  Am I missing something? I assume the national chains all have mask rules in effect, so a mask order would just spread it to the smaller businesses with no cost impact whatsoever.  Seems a win-win. Healthy customers and remain open. Unhealthy customers and closed with no revenue.

It should be a no-brainer but that would require independent thought. He is very much a follower of his party leaders. I’m doing my best to keep this non-political, but some politicians and their followers won’t let that happen. There are business people and public opposed to masks because of certain political figures and their influence. The governor supports their political position even though he acknowledges the medical risks. 

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Our Gov won't issue any rules. No masks. The counties have to ask for an exemption. So far three have. We were the first. The state gave up on contact tracing. Too many calls to make. 

Wyoming governor: There will be no mask order

8 hours ago, dennis said:

Our Gov won't issue any rules. No masks. The counties have to ask for an exemption. So far three have. We were the first. The state gave up on contact tracing. Too many calls to make. 

Wyoming governor: There will be no mask order

So your state motto is similar to New Hampshire’s. :mellow:

11 hours ago, Airehead said:

What if I double your salary and Einstein flies you home on weekends and holidays.  Would you come work for me?  I'll give you a nice office, a power chair, and all the noses to swab that you want.

Could he fly the kids up a couple times a week?  (We can leave the wife at home)

• Heart 1