Do you enjoy sleeping?

Road Runner

I always hear people say they enjoy sleeping or sleeping in.  Why?  How can you enjoy something when you are totally unconscious and unaware of anything?   :scratch head:

Plus there are the dreams/nightmares.  Some of mine are so bad, they wake me up and I can't get back to sleep.   :angry:

And don't forget all the peeing.  SW is not the only one with this problem.   :(

Other than it being a requirement for life, sleeping has no allure for me.  I'd rather stay awake 24/7.  

• Heart 1

Holy smokes.  That sucks, SW.

I woke once around 11:30 to pee.  I drank a ton of water last evening.  Dumb.  I was trying to not eat anymore.   :mellow:

I have to get up to pee, on average, probably four times a night.  And it's not my prostate keeping me from emptying my bladder, it's something else, because I pee a lot when I go.  I have read that there is a hormone or something that is supposed to slow down your kidneys at night so you don't produce as much urine as you do during the day.  Mine seems to be working backwards.  I think I pee more at night than I do in daytime. 

A coworker and I were making some small talk about our weekend.  She asked me what my plans were, so I turn I asked about hers.  Her plans were to sleep in.  I asked her what time she usually slept in til. She said "Hopefully, Noon"   :scratch head:  She said she goes to sleep at 11 and sleeps til Noon. 

I guess everyone has their own view of what is fun.  I admit that I sometimes pull a 10 hour night sleep night.  Sleep like that happens when I have worked out hard and need to rebuild the tissue.  It would feel like a wasted day to sleep away half of it.

Maybe she stays up late.  Don't know. 

A coworker and I were making some small talk about our weekend.  She asked me what my plans were, so I turn I asked about hers.  Her plans were to sleep in.  I asked her what time she usually slept in til. She said "Hopefully, Noon"   :scratch head:  She said she goes to sleep at 11 and sleeps til Noon. 

I guess everyone has their own view of what is fun.  I admit that I sometimes pull a 10 hour night sleep night.  Sleep like that happens when I have worked out hard and need to rebuild the tissue.  It would feel like a wasted day to sleep away half of it.

Maybe she stays up late.  Don't know. 

Once I had kids the idea of sleeping in appealed much more to me.  You lose so much sleep those first few years between midnight feedings, 2 am diaper changes, 5 am feedings, etc. that you just feel as if you will never catch up.  At that point sleeping until noon starts to sound phenomenal!  The week Griffin was in the hospital I bet I did not get 1.5 hrs of sleep a night.  Then once he was home I got up 2-4 times a night to check on him.  It took a while to recover from that. 

I usually rise about 7-8 now.  Sleeping in for me would be 9 am.  Unless I have worked a case the night before.  If I work a case I usually work all night and get home about 8 am.  I then usually sleep until noon so I can get back in bed at a normal time that night and sleep.

Once I had kids the idea of sleeping in appealed much more to me.  You lose so much sleep those first few years between midnight feedings, 2 am diaper changes, 5 am feedings, etc. that you just feel as if you will never catch up.  At that point sleeping until noon starts to sound phenomenal!  The week Griffin was in the hospital I bet I did not get 1.5 hrs of sleep a night.  Then once he was home I got up 2-4 times a night to check on him.  It took a while to recover from that. 

I usually rise about 7-8 now.  Sleeping in for me would be 9 am.  Unless I have worked a case the night before.  If I work a case I usually work all night and get home about 8 am.  I then usually sleep until noon so I can get back in bed at a normal time that night and sleep.

The person I was talking to has no kids in the house.  They are all grown up and moved out.  She has a puppy though.  

I slept in this morning..til about 8 AM..but I woke p the first  time at 6 and decided that was too early given the  day. 

I did get up to pee in the night (it's age...it is a lovely thing to make it through the night)  Also I woke up from a dream with my heart racing....I believe the hundreds of Japanese Beetles in my my dream were due to the one I saw flying around and landing in peoples hair at the Irish Fair yesterday.

Limited train use when I bought the Condo...up until this time last year....you would see 1 or 2 trains a week and they were 20 or 30 cars long..slow..and never used their whistle...Now it is 100 + cars long, faster, and more often with the whistles....A former maintenance guy grew up in this area..he said they never had more than those 1 or 2 small trains a week for as far back as he remembers...I mean I am at least 1/2 a block from the tracks...there are lots of places even closer...

When I moved in..I'm thinking we were close to a rail trail option.....not anymore :(

Years ago I lived on a street which was also a major urban traffic route in a large city. At any time of day or night we would have commercial trucks or emergency vehicles with sirens. At times, we could feel the vibrations in the house when large trucks went past. After a couple of weeks, none of us noticed the traffic. It was just part of the city's ambient noise.

Years ago I lived on a street which was also a major urban traffic route in a large city. At any time of day or night we would have commercial trucks or emergency vehicles with sirens. At times, we could feel the vibrations in the house when large trucks went past. After a couple of weeks, none of us noticed the traffic. It was just part of the citys ambient noise.

I have been living in a house close to a busy thoroughfare like you describe for the past 25 years.  You do get use to it, but I would rather be in a quiet neighborhood.  

I"m definitely sleep deprived during the week, so when I get a chance to catch up on a weekend, it's a real luxury.  I love when I wake up before the alarm and have some time to be sort of half awake and just enjoy relaxing.  It's even better when I don't have an alarm set.

Maybe I don't enjoy "sleeping" per se, but one of my favorite times of every day is when I lay my head down on that pillow.  If I'm lucky I'm aware of a few moments of being fully relaxed as sleep overtakes me.

I used to really enjoy sleeping in on my days off, but now when I wake up I think about all the things I should be doing and that keeps me from enjoying that time. 

Limited train use when I bought the Condo...up until this time last year....you would see 1 or 2 trains a week and they were 20 or 30 cars long..slow..and never used their whistle...Now it is 100 + cars long, faster, and more often with the whistles....A former maintenance guy grew up in this area..he said they never had more than those 1 or 2 small trains a week for as far back as he remembers...I mean I am at least 1/2 a block from the tracks...there are lots of places even closer...

When I moved in..I'm thinking we were close to a rail trail option.....not anymore :(

There are some trains not far from our house.  I can hear them.  The whistles don't bother me.  I tune them out now.  

At my apartment in South Jersey I lived about 7 miles from the Philadelphia airport and a major approach route went right over the place.  Every time my dad came to visit he'd ask me how I could stand the noise of those airplanes all the time.  I honestly didn't hear them - tuned out.