I'm gluing.

Parr8hed

make sure they are on straight, and there's no ripple at the stem.

Here's a question:

The youtube that I watched was put out by Zipp.  It appeared to be professionally shot and was not put out by "Dave the Bike Guy" in his garage.  He even had a Park tools apron so he had to know his shit, right?

He said it's like a 4 day process.  Day one is stretch.  Day two you apply glue to wheel and glue to taar and let each sit.  Day 3 you apply glue to wheel and taar and let each sit.  Day 4 apply glue to wheel and mount the taar and air it up.  Then let sit 24 hours before you ride.

It that really the procedure?  I have seen other youtubes that say it's OK to mount after first gluing.  Just curious on your opinion.

Was there any base glue still on the rim when you started, or did you clean them down to bare metal?

I cleaned them as best as I could.  There was still some there but it was old and crusty.  I got the non sticky stuff off and cleaned them pretty well with rubbing alcohol. 

I cleaned them as best as I could. There was still some there but it was old and crusty. I got the non sticky stuff off and cleaned them pretty well with rubbing alcohol.

in that case I'd do another coat, and let them sit again.

Old glue that won't come off is fine. There's no need to rush the process, so I'd do another thin coat.

What tires did you get?

Some Bontrager something or others.  They have a gum sidewall like the originals.  700 X 22.  They are the ones that my buddy at the bike store told me to get.  Seem like really nice quality, but they are the only tubulars I have ever handled so I have nothing to compare them to.  They might be complete pieces of crap for all I know. 

I tell you what though, the mavic hubs may have the smoothest bearings that I have ever spun though.