Tony Stewart Kills another driver

Parr8hed

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/08/10/tony-stewart-investigation-dirt-track-incident-kevin-ward-canandaigua-motorsports-park/13855401/

A race car driver was killed Saturday night after he was struck on the track by NASCAR star Tony Stewart, according to Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip C. Povero.

During a sprint car race at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park, driver Kevin Ward Jr. was spun out by Stewart, got out of his car to show his displeasure and then was struck by Stewart's car, sending Ward sliding down the track, fellow sprint car racer Tyler Graves and witness Adam Dulski told USA TODAY Sports.

A guy walking around on a poorly lit track during a race is a bad idea. Add a dark colored suit, and its a worse idea. :dontknow:

Add to that At the end of turn 2  Stewart had to have his view blocked by the car that did swerve to miss the kid.  Who in their right  mind gets out of their car and then walks across the track in the middle of race traffic.  I am not a Smoke fan but I feel bad for all involved in this.

Accident.  And tragic.  I won't watch the video of the contact, but I did watch until just before it.  Walking onto the track was the ultimate cause of the kid buying it.  The reason it was Tony who hit the kid was that the kid was targeting Tony's car as it came around and wanted to get right in Tony's face.  Apparently he misjudged the closure rate and Tony couldn't react quick enough when he eventually saw him.  Accidental.  And again, tragic.

Finally a group of sane individuals making the right assessment here. The other place has got a few hotheads accusing him of murder or putting him in a questionable status. What possible reason would he have to do anything of the sort?

That's the kind of stuff that made that place intolerable to me.  

My thoughts are as follows.

Racing is inherently dangerous and accidents are going to happen.  It is not that uncommon for drivers to show their displeasure to another driver by leaving their car after a wreck.  Tony Stewart not only left his car but threw his helmet at another driver in the past.

What happened is tragic beyond words for all involved.  I do not believe there was criminal intent or that charges will be brought.

However, do to his past words, actions and deeds, Tony will face a huge civil suit and end up paying Mr. Wards family multiple millions of dollars.

I don't think it is right to say, "Tony Stewart killed a driver."  The guy got out of his car and walked way down into the racing lanes wearing what appears to be a mostly black racing suit in dimly lit conditions.  It would be just as correct to say that Mr Ward committed suicide.  He was more at fault than Stewart, in my opinion.

However, due to his deep pockets and the existence of bottom-feeding scum-sucking attorneys, Tony will face a huge civil suit and end up paying Mr. Wards family multiple millions of dollars.

FIFY

If Ward was hit by another JAG, nothing would happen. Tony Stewart is going to get screwed by the court because he is wealthy.

FIFY

If Ward was hit by another JAG, nothing would happen. Tony Stewart is going to get screwed by the court because he is wealthy.

Agreed, but he has given the courts so much ammo with his past actions that he screwed himself.   He has thrown helmets, fought in the pits, spun other dirvers out and been quoted as saying he will run someone over if he ever gets in front of him, or something very similar.  

Agreed, but he has given the courts so much ammo with his past actions that he screwed himself.   He has thrown helmets, fought in the pits, spun other dirvers out and been quoted as saying he will run someone over if he ever gets in front of him, or something very similar.  

That may be, but in order to successfully sue, I think they are going to need some evidence of negligence or recklessness on Stewart's part in this particular accident.  Past behavior can be taken into account, but you can't win a lawsuit just based on that alone.

That may be, but in order to successfully sue, I think they are going to need some evidence of negligence or recklessness on Stewart's part in this particular accident.  Past behavior can be taken into account, but you can't win a lawsuit just based on that alone.

He will settle out of court in order to avoid a jury trial in a civil suit.

FIFY

That's pretty much what's going on here. Friend of mine was pointing out too that Tony Stewart was a big draw to this race for the crowds, so I'd have to imagine a lot of this is that everybody is gunning for Tony Stewart from the get go, from the crowds to Ward himself, who probably thought he'd get a 'piece of Tony' on the track, so when the accident happened (and really, his car wasn't even terribly messed up), Ward gets his chance to go ballistic in front of the crowds.

I mean, let's be real, drifting yourself into the wall (Tony didn't even hit him) is your own damn fault if you don't have room to make a move. So there's nothing to actually get mad at except yourself. Tony knows this well, as he's been involved in some actual incidents where some jackass driver cut him off or he's done the same to another, incident where maybe at least there's a reason to be pissed off. That's racing.

The bozo in the video who keeps repeating that Tony hit the guy over and over IMO is pretty much why most people are so fired up in social media. They're taking that as an accusation and running with it. You actually don't see much of shit in the video except the moment (as the camera is panning back to Ward after the one car goes around him) Tony is already impacting Ward. Watch it closely. Tony's car doesn't even move/change angle until after he's impacted Ward. There's no acceleration to be seen, and no maneuvering to be seen. 100%, Tony simply never saw him, or not in time at any rate.

How that would possibly override the negligence of Ward in running onto the track is going to be interesting.

So has every other driver. Tony's a lightweight compared to Kevin Harvick and some others.

That's the kind of stuff that made that place intolerable to me.  

I've got a good friend who's doing this on FB....what ticks me off is that I know most of these peeps don't even watch auto racing. Some of these guys can be real douchebags on the track, but they take personal safety VERY seriously, and they don't fuck around. Rubbin is racin, that's for sure, but those guys all know what it's like to get hurt.