Off to the doctor I go...

Tizeye

Follow-up appointment from last week when drained the hematoma that unfortunately re-filled in 2 days. Still a "thunder thigh" on one side, but don't know what will do today. Area, while same size, not quite as much pressure. Don't know what he will do - observe, re-drain, test to see where the bleed is after over a month. Other than that, I am fine. Shoulder appears to be healing well...however, not pushing it. Last Friday hopped in the pool to wade in the cool water, and obvious the shoulder was not up to the water resistance of a swim stroke. Also won't be doing that again as suspect the hematoma was lighter than water with some displacement...feeling it in my lower back and other leg, but that has absorbed/dissipated. If he drains again, will probably cancel this afternoons PT session. They are aware of the possibility as mentioned it Friday.

Only complication to the Dr appointment is their being two blocks from Krispy Creme and around 10:00 when finished, they should have the "Hot" sign illuminated. Do I or don't I? :dontknow:

• Heart 3

I'm back.

Electing the "observe" option with 2 month follow-up. He didn't want to drain again and happy not as much pressure. Think will drain on own but take time, and definitely didn't want to do surgery (nor did I). Reason for not draining, as he explained it...the expansion creates a void when drained, much like losing weight and flab from excess skin. The risk is that the drained void could stimulate to bleed to fill which he didn't want. Keeping ice and compression - no heat! 

Kills me I can't go out to the Orlando Wetlands as wouldn't be able to handle the 2.5 mile birding trail. Their FB page shows Rosetta spoonbills have returned, plus a couple eagles nesting. Might try a short 1/4 mile and turn around, or better yet, another place that is drive through then to the beach.

1 minute ago, Tizeye said:

I'm back.

Electing the "observe" option with 2 month follow-up. He didn't want to drain again and happy not as much pressure. Think will drain on own but take time, and definitely didn't want to do surgery (nor did I). Reason for not draining, as he explained it...the expansion creates a void when drained, much like losing weight and flab from excess skin. The risk is that the drained void could stimulate to bleed to fill which he didn't want. Keeping ice and compression - no heat! 

That sounds positive 

4 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Only complication to the Dr appointment is their being two blocks from Krispy Creme and around 10:00 when finished, they should have the "Hot" sign illuminated. Do I or don't I? 

Why is this even a question????  It's more a one dozen or three?!?!?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I'm back.

Kills me I can't go out to the Orlando Wetlands as wouldn't be able to handle the 2.5 mile birding trail. Their FB page shows Rosetta spoonbills have returned, plus a couple eagles nesting. Might try a short 1/4 mile and turn around, or better yet, another place that is drive through then to the beach.

Is that the drive through trail beyond Bithlo.  I remember seeing a couple of spoonbills out there.

4 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Krispy Creme

I went to the doctor's office for a scheduled appointment. Rode my bike and got there early so I stopped for Panera's cinnamon bagel and coffee. The doctor wanted to do some blood tests. When the results came back, they were all freaked out about my sugar numbers. :runcirclsmiley: 

I told them about the bagel and that I didn't expect a blood test that day. I haven't had that problem since. ;)

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Is that the drive through trail beyond Bithlo.  I remember seeing a couple of spoonbills out there.

The one beyond Bithlo (technically, Christmas) is the Orland Wetlands (just past Ft Christmas) and no motorized vehicles allowed - hike, bike or horseback only. The driving one is the other side of Titusville along the route to Canaveral National Seashore and bordered by NASA property and the launch complex. Black Point Wildlife Drive is a 7 mile one way dirt road through the marshes along the eastern shore of the Indian River/Intercoastal Waterway. Multiple pullovers on the drive and short trails. Then proceed on to the beach...or a great Cuban/Mexican restaurant back in Titusville.

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

I'm back.

Uh...Krispy Kreme update???

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

The one beyond Bithlo (technically, Christmas) is the Orland Wetlands (just past Ft Christmas) and no motorized vehicles allowed - hike, bike or horseback only. The driving one is the other side of Titusville along the route to Canaveral National Seashore and bordered by NASA property and the launch complex. Black Point Wildlife Drive is a 7 mile one way dirt road through the marshes along the eastern shore of the Indian River/Intercoastal Waterway. Multiple pullovers on the drive and short trails. Then proceed on to the beach...or a great Cuban/Mexican restaurant back in Titusville.

Black Point is the one I was thinking of.  After my contract was over in Orlando I brought womaxx down for a vacation and that was one of her favorite places.  We were on vacation in the summer and tourists were at a very low level.  I rented a Mustang convertible for the week and we took almost 2 hours to make that 7 mile drive, stopping at every cut out.....and often in the middle of the road.  In those two hours only 2 cars passed by, both with windows up and air  conditioning on.  Womaxx was sitting on the trunk lid, feet in the back seat, cameras scattered all around her.  So many of the birds and animals we saw were hiding under the foliage out in the water.  After the drive we stopped back at the rangers headquarters and chatted with them for a while.

Non tourist season in central Fl is a great time to visit.

2 hours ago, Tizeye said:

I'm back.

So a few years ago my now deceased father (then about 91 yo) fell on his butt.  He did not get hurt.  He fell in the parking lot into some snow.  I helped him up and he brushed himself off and carried on.  What we didn't know was that he broke a vessel and had a bleed into his butt muscles.  About 2 months later I get a call from my mom that dad is in tremendous pain and can't move.  We call and ambulance and off to the ER we go.  He can't use his one leg and is in a world of hurt.  They x-ray and find a huge hematoma in his butt.  It is way past the point where they can drain is so they call in an ortho surgeon.  Dad spends a few hours in the OR the next day and the surgeon reported that the blood was jelled between muscle compartments.  He removed that appeared to be a 16 oz jar of grape jelly out of his backside.  The surgeon said it was a first for him.  Being 91 he spent the next few weeks in rehab.

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

So a few years ago my now deceased father (then about 91 yo) fell on his butt.  He did not get hurt.  He fell in the parking lot into some snow.  I helped him up and he brushed himself off and carried on.  What we didn't know was that he broke a vessel and had a bleed into his butt muscles.  About 2 months later I get a call from my mom that dad is in tremendous pain and can't move.  We call and ambulance and off to the ER we go.  He can't use his one leg and is in a world of hurt.  They x-ray and find a huge hematoma in his butt.  It is way past the point where they can drain is so they call in an ortho surgeon.  Dad spends a few hours in the OR the next day and the surgeon reported that the blood was jelled between muscle compartments.  He removed that appeared to be a 16 oz jar of grape jelly out of his backside.  The surgeon said it was a first for him.  Being 91 he spent the next few weeks in rehab.

Dang!!

5 hours ago, Tizeye said:

I'm back.

Know anyone with an electric scooter? Too bad you're so far away; could let you borrow HoSmudge's scooter. It's d-luxe!