11-17 Miles and such

goldendesign

12 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

n my area we call that a light breeze.  Usual wind is 20 - 30 mph

Had to look https://magicvalley.com/news/local/weather-why-wont-the-wind-stop-blowing-in-southern-idaho/article_5447f753-37c6-545d-b975-6bb857060bb2.html 

Interesting. Here we have tropical gales. So there are winds that usually come and go in strength and locations. Obviously with storms we get a lot of wind; I am smart enough not to ride in those. A constant, decent wind, always from the same direction is what was bothersome. I kept expecting it to go away, taper off, or switch directions. The bugger just kept on coming.

1 hour ago, goldendesign said:

Had to look https://magicvalley.com/news/local/weather-why-wont-the-wind-stop-blowing-in-southern-idaho/article_5447f753-37c6-545d-b975-6bb857060bb2.html 

Interesting. Here we have tropical gales. So there are winds that usually come and go in strength and locations. Obviously with storms we get a lot of wind; I am smart enough not to ride in those. A constant, decent wind, always from the same direction is what was bothersome. I kept expecting it to go away, taper off, or switch directions. The bugger just kept on coming.

I've found that as a cyclist, I am much more in tune with the wind than many folks.  I'll mention "it sure is windy today. I think something is coming in from the west." and non-cycling folks will be like "Huh?".  I guess you really can't go for a ride without immediately noting 1) if there is wind, and 2) where it is coming from!  The worst, of course, is not noticing the strong tailwind and then facing it on the return home :)

• Heart 2

35 for me, 6 back and forth to work, and 29 on the trainer where living room me is 0-2 against "Road-me"

10 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I've found that as a cyclist, I am much more in tune with the wind than many folks.  I'll mention "it sure is windy today. I think something is coming in from the west." and non-cycling folks will be like "Huh?".  I guess you really can't go for a ride without immediately noting 1) if there is wind, and 2) where it is coming from!  The worst, of course, is not noticing the strong tailwind and then facing it on the return home :)

I have found this too, and have even commented before we pulled the Rhib out of the warehouse what the winds and seas were going to be like, based on my ride into work

• Heart 1