Tree Tech

Parr8hed

Has come a long way.  I brought both trees up from the basement.  The older 12 footer WAS prelit a few years ago.  It went together OK, but some of the limbs were a little janky.  Lost a lot of needles on the floor (almost like a REAL tree).  Quite a few of the strands of lights were not operational.  It was a PITA to hook up all the lights.  

The little 8 footer had fully functioning lights.  Wasn't quite as hard to set up.  But it looked like a car had ridden over some of the limbs.  They will need some attention.  But the new room just kinda swallows it up.  It is way to small for us now.  

So the wife made me realize that we needed a new tree.  The old ones went up for sale on the facebooks and brought in 100 bucks quickly.  Off to Sams.  This new one has 1100 LED lights.  It goes together quick-like.  the electric connections are all in the pole.  Just slide poles together and the electric is already done.  I am super happy to have LED over the old lights.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

He looks impressed. Get a cat, it will be all over that tree. Where on earth do you store something that big?

I have some hooks on the wall over in a corner of the basement that is not used much.  It breaks down into 5 smaller pieces that hangs pretty easily on the wall.  

54 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Our kids treat our basement like a local hardware store. Whenever they need something, anything, they ask my wife if we have a spare one and she gives it away. Christmas trees and decorations fall into that category. I wont know we need a new tree, wreath, lights, etc, until I go looking for ours to find Mrs gave it away to one of the kids.  :rolleyes:

My parents try to give me shit all of the time.  Like I have enough of my own.  I don't need yours too!

• Haha 2