So, I’m about to go grocery shopping.

MoseySusan

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

We haven't had lines here in a while.

NM added 10k covid cases in a week. We’re on lockdown until the 30th. Grocery stores are at 25% capacity in the days before Thanksgiving. There are no lines at small groceries, but the store in my neighborhood is a big chain. 

My grocery stores were normal last weekend with no lines and plenty of things in stock.  But it will be interesting to see if things have changed this week.  Of course the weekend before Thanksgiving is normally not the best time for shopping anyway.  At least I can go back to shopping at the gas station if necessary.  :nodhead:

• Haha 2

A friend of mine that I have known since she was a little girl has always been very active on the facebooks. She is a PA but hasn’t posted for two weeks. She just posted last night about how much she hates the rona virus. Blamed young people partying and eating out and acting normal. All activities that she has posted about doing herself on FB.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Kirby said:

My grocery stores were normal last weekend with no lines and plenty of things in stock.  But it will be interesting to see if things have changed this week.  Of course the weekend before Thanksgiving is normally not the best time for shopping anyway.  At least I can go back to shopping at the gas station if necessary.  :nodhead:

They have sandwiches. 

17 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Kirby, you have hacked the system. :D

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, roadsue said:

They have sandwiches. 

They actually tore down the "store" a few years ago and rebuilt it.   it now has a very nice, clean looking deli area as well as a decent size shopping area.  They managed to stay pretty well stocked even during the height of the spring pandemic madness and there weren't any lines.  And just to prove there is something for everyone, they also built a walk in beer closet that is so bright and well lit it looks like you're walking into heaven. I may joke about the gas station, but it's a decent place to get some basics, including your standard Stouffers frozen dinners.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

I got a box of "fuelings" in the mail..just need 1 real meal a day for the next 2 weeks or so..

Then 2 weeks transitioning to making my own.

Picked up a pork tenderloin..gonna have pork diablo for Turkey day..I will indulge and use a little cream in the sauce..and have green beans sauteed with soy sauce and sesame oil as my green..

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

They actually tore down the "store" a few years ago and rebuilt it.   it now has a very nice, clean looking deli area as well as a decent size shopping area.  They managed to stay pretty well stocked even during the height of the spring pandemic madness and there weren't any lines.  And just to prove there is something for everyone, they also built a walk in beer closet that is so bright and well lit it looks like you're walking into heaven. I may joke about the gas station, but it's a decent place to get some basics, including your standard Stouffers frozen dinners.

Ooo... Beer closet. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just got back from my usual grocery store which I would describe as the "middle" one i n the area.  Not as boutique and fancy as the newest one built, but fancier than the old Acme. It was slightly more crowded than usual, but they had a good variety of everything ( one per item restriction on the items that were out of stock in spring, but the "one item" could be large multipacks of various paper products, so not much of a limit).  At one point, it looked like there was a line to check out, but by the time I got there, there was no wait.   But I wasn't shopping for a full Thanksgiving dinner so it's possible some of those items were out of stock

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, roadsue said:

I’m hoping there’s no line at 7:00 AM. 

I went at 10 am on Friday, waiting and hoping to miss any rush hour shoppers.

I found a larger-than-average Food Lion supermarket, my favorite chain, only 10-15 minutes from my apartment but relatively isolated on a peninsula sticking into the Chesapeake Bay between Baltimore and Annapolis.  At 10-11 am, it was far from empty but not as packed as the supermarkets I visited two Wednesdays back that are mostly near the main highway between Baltimore and Annapolis.

Also, the Costco near me only had about 3 people in line at each checkout register around 11:30-12 noon when I stopped there after the Food Lion to get a few things I cant find elsewhere like the very, very excellent Amylu chicken breakfast sausage links (30 Cal and MUCH superior to Brown N' Serve pork sausage), their 40 oz. cans of extra large, very-lightly-oiled peanuts, and some "Keto" and "Paleo" snacks.

Really noteworthy was the on-sale 2L of the 5-star rated Kirkland Signature Organic EVOO for $9.49 from the Mediterranean, I think it's normally $13.99 to $16.99). That's probably enough to last me until I'm back in my house May-July.  I keep an older 500 mL EVOO bottle handy for normal use and fill it from the 2L bottle so the 2L is seldom opened and stays fresh for at least several months at room temperature. Business Insider says:

Costco's olive oil is celebrated by experts and Netflix-famous celebrity chef Samin Nosrat — and it is a fantastic deal

The organic olive oil is also one of the few widely available brands in the US found to actually meet the standards for extra-virgin olive oil....

Samin Nosrat is an olive oil expert....She told The Seattle Times that she recommends Kirkland Signature organic extra-virgin olive oil for everyday use. 

"It's really good!" she told The Times. 

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Really noteworthy was the on-sale 2L of the 5-star rated Kirkland Signature Organic EVOO for $9.49 from the Mediterranean, I think it's normally $13.99 to $16.99).

Even at $16.99, that’s a steal for 2L quality olive oil. $9.49 almost makes me want to renew my Costco membership. 

• Heart 1

I forgot to go to the grocery store today.

I have so much food at home. I have to eat down my fridge food first.

I walked right by it after going to an all-purpose hardware-household products store where I snapped up 1 of only 5 tub containers of Lysol wipes. A dear sister lectured me by phone that if I fly next month, I should wipe down the plane seat arms and table.  Ok, ok....