Aire's gift got me thinking...

petitepedal

20 minutes ago, Zealot said:

I know you’re probably not into Scotch. But these are both excellent single malts to begin and scotch sipping journey on:

2D85EA35-DF06-4C3D-BAB6-794CF0FA372E.thumb.jpeg.a27452d0dd9098c75db5a3b71858d90d.jpeg

45D7C4D3-9D86-491D-92E5-AEDFB17F85D4.thumb.jpeg.cd4df5b99b9d7b05cd1548a09b7d63fe.jpeg

I love me some Dalwhinnie!

Try one of those little bottles of the “new” peanutbutter whiskey. On the rocks, no water.  A little sweet, smoother than straight whisky, not very expensive. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Zealot said:

I know you’re probably not into Scotch. But these are both excellent single malts to begin and scotch sipping journey on:

2D85EA35-DF06-4C3D-BAB6-794CF0FA372E.thumb.jpeg.a27452d0dd9098c75db5a3b71858d90d.jpeg

45D7C4D3-9D86-491D-92E5-AEDFB17F85D4.thumb.jpeg.cd4df5b99b9d7b05cd1548a09b7d63fe.jpeg

Interestingly enough..my mom..didn't  drink mutch..but she liked Scotch..in the 80's my friend Debbie (also a Scotch drinker) suggested I try it...I was young and cheap..and bought a bottle of Cutty Sark? 

If I were to try something now..I know enough to spend a little more :whistle:

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I bought Bailey’s at the store. We like it in our coffee on Thanksgiving morning. 
Can’t go wrong with cognac. Hennessy is a good choice. 

I got a taste for cognac from my wealthy grad school advisor at IIT.

My advisor at IIT had married a rich Chinese-American woman whose father owned a chain of dry cleaning stores in, I think, NYC.

So they lived in a 26th floor penthouse apartment in downtown Chicago overlooking the Playboy Building.

He threw a party a few times a year where he invited us poor grad students and expensive booze and food was always served.

As far as booze in a caffeinated drink goes, the hot toddy of rum, tea, and honey is good and smooth - and great for sore throats.

• Heart 3

25 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Interestingly enough..my mom..didn't  drink mutch..but she liked Scotch..in the 80's my friend Debbie (also a Scotch drinker) suggested I try it...I was young and cheap..and bought a bottle of Cutty Sark? 

There are sweet liqueurs like Ouzo or Sambucca (both licorice flavored)or Limoncello that a lot of people enjoy. Grand Marnier (Orange) or Drambuie (Scotch with Honey) are popular. 

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Bourbon.  America's whiskey.  There really is no other choice.  Basil Hayden is a great middle of the road bourbon that is very smooth and not especially "hot".  

Blanton's is great.  My fav.  A little pricey if you can find it.  

Hayden is really, really good for the price. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, 2Far said:

I love me some Dalwhinnie!

Try one of those little bottles of the “new” peanutbutter whiskey. On the rocks, no water.  A little sweet, smoother than straight whisky, not very expensive. 

I saw those!!  Thought it sounded odd, do didn’t pick one up.  But now I will.   😊 

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Bourbon.  America's whiskey.  There really is no other choice.  Basil Hayden is a great middle of the road bourbon that is very smooth and not especially "hot".  

Blanton's is great.  My fav.  A little pricey if you can find it.  

For American, I really enjoy Bulleit Rye and Maker’s Mark. 

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

There are sweet liqueurs like Ouzo or Sambucca (both licorice flavored)or Limoncello that a lot of people enjoy. Grand Marnier (Orange) or Drambuie (Scotch with Honey) are popular. 

Both Ouzo and Sambuca (which I prefer) are really good in strong black coffee. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

The Glenlivet, 12 year is not too pricey and goes down very smooth. The Macallan 18 sherry oak is more pricey but definitely worth every penny once you have s taste for scotch. 

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

As for sweet liqueurs, Mrs Z’s favorite is Disaronno.  She sips it on ice and really enjoys it.  I can’t drink it though. Way too sweet for me.   

So the next time you’re out this way @petitepedal, you can try some on us. We’ve always got a bottle. 

• Heart 2

Irish Whiskey - I like to sip on Jameson. We have an Irish Brew Pub that sells several Irish whiskeys. In blind tastes, I still gravitate to Jameson. 

Tequila - Casamigos or Rugo. Both worthy of sipping rather than shots. 

Rum - If you can find it, 7 Fathoms. It's distilled in the Cayman Islands then stored in whiskey casks, sealed in plastic and sunk 42 feet (7 fathoms) at sea for a year.  Great sipper!

Scotch, I do like Macallan a lot. 

• Awesome 1

On 11/21/2020 at 12:58 PM, petitepedal said:

What’s wrong with Cutty? I drank a lot of Cutty when I was in my early twenties. In a working man’s bar Cutty was on the top shelf.