Jump to content
Square Wheels Cycling

How would you respond


Recommended Posts

So..this "new" couple is now on our board...Because of orders from the Governor..our fitness room and pool have been closed..Our only general bathrooms are in the fitness room..with showers.  This couple is going to have their floors repaired and re done..and had expected to use the restrooms and showers during this time.

Her e-mail to myself and the manger asked if this was necessary and couldn't  arrangements be made for them.  I replied to both of them  that yes..the closure was directed by the governor  and if we had a competent manager and caretaker..it would have been shut down back in March as well. I said I didn't  know if it was possible to allow 2 people to have access to that room..and that they may have to make other arrangements...She responded with a whining email about how they had said at the board meeting that they had planned to use those facilities..and because they have just gotten over Covid..they can't  stay with family..the inconvenience etc.

I replied a second time with...it might not be possible..and reminded them that Covid has inconvenienced many people.

At this point..I want to tell the manager..don't  even try to help them..it is what it is..life with it!!

Your thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites


It is bad practice to go against the governor’s executive order. Some other resident will be pissed and call your complex in.   You are sorry but unless they get an exception from the governor, you cannot allow it. Even if open, this is bad planning on their part. Get a hotel room. 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they can rent one with a heated seat.  I can get cold in MN.

image.png.e85f613f07425f78a362fd24cf6f0476.png

  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

They don’t need to take a shower while workmen are working on the bathroom floor. How long can that take? I don’t know what to tell them for where to pee. Maybe a chamber pot and dump it when the workers leave.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Aire's  response is perfect. This is a matter of complying with law and out of your hands. I suspect not complying with law could also risk the building's insurance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do governors really have the power to make laws? I thought that was up to the legislature. Seems like a power grab to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could lose your license if a health department order is violated.  Sorry, but you can't.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

So..this "new" couple is now on our board...Because of orders from the Governor..our fitness room and pool have been closed..Our only general bathrooms are in the fitness room..with showers.  This couple is going to have their floors repaired and re done..and had expected to use the restrooms and showers during this time.

Her e-mail to myself and the manger asked if this was necessary and couldn't  arrangements be made for them.  I replied to both of them  that yes..the closure was directed by the governor  and if we had a competent manager and caretaker..it would have been shut down back in March as well. I said I didn't  know if it was possible to allow 2 people to have access to that room..and that they may have to make other arrangements...She responded with a whining email about how they had said at the board meeting that they had planned to use those facilities..and because they have just gotten over Covid..they can't  stay with family..the inconvenience etc.

I replied a second time with...it might not be possible..and reminded them that Covid has inconvenienced many people.

At this point..I want to tell the manager..don't  even try to help them..it is what it is..life with it!!

Your thoughts?

Had my floor repaired completely..because I had a flood.

I was in my hotel for a wk.  and thereafter well, I booked vacation to Vancovuer...

Their claim that they had just gotten over covid?  Well, if it's true, all more the reason they shouldn't be asking to use public facilities for an extended period of time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I must be missing something.  So the facilites and thus the gym and washrooms are closed right now so no one is using those showers and bathrooms?

What is the big deal letting them use them?  I call bullshit on the health department or anyone else having issue with that, where they would be the only ones using them.

Wouldnt it make more sense to say they can use them while reno's are being done, but they must pay for cleaning out of their pocket when Reno's are done.

No one is put out by them using the facilities there and the only issue would be the impression that someone else is getting a little bit more than they are, which is a child like mentality.

  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I think I must be missing something.  So the facilites and thus the gym and washrooms are closed right now so no one is using those showers and bathrooms?

What is the big deal letting them use them?  I call bullshit on the health department or anyone else having issue with that, where they would be the only ones using them.

Wouldnt it make more sense to say they can use them while reno's are being done, but they must pay for cleaning out of their pocket when Reno's are done.

No one is put out by them using the facilities there and the only issue would be the impression that someone else is getting a little bit more than they are, which is a child like mentality.

The issue is the facility is CLOSED  due to Covid..locked and not available for use for at least 4 weeks..if not longer Under "normal" circumstances...there would not be a problem..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

The issue is the facility is CLOSED  due to Covid..locked and not available for use for at least 4 weeks..if not longer Under "normal" circumstances...there would not be a problem..

But it would still be closed and basically  a huge private washroom.  It is not like they would be going in to use the gym.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right..but our access is via a fob system..and it needs to remain closed..for the other 95 people in the building.....you get into rather complicated programming issues to allow 2 people access..As I said..Covid has inconvenienced all of us...whining about it..doesn't  fix it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I think I must be missing something.  So the facilites and thus the gym and washrooms are closed right now so no one is using those showers and bathrooms?

What is the big deal letting them use them?  I call bullshit on the health department or anyone else having issue with that, where they would be the only ones using them.

Wouldnt it make more sense to say they can use them while reno's are being done, but they must pay for cleaning out of their pocket when Reno's are done.

No one is put out by them using the facilities there and the only issue would be the impression that someone else is getting a little bit more than they are, which is a child like mentality.

I can understand the problem with making an exception because after the precedent is set everyone will expect the same treatment.  It seems like a nice thing to do but nice things have a way of causing trouble down the road.

Besides you would have to convince the health department inspector that it was ok...........the government employed health inspector.........the one whose life revolves around rules and procedures and permits government employed health inspector.  I suppose that someone could try a bribe?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why doesn’t the floor company leave a pice for a temporary floor each evening?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I think I must be missing something.  So the facilites and thus the gym and washrooms are closed right now so no one is using those showers and bathrooms?

What is the big deal letting them use them?  I call bullshit on the health department or anyone else having issue with that, where they would be the only ones using them.

Wouldnt it make more sense to say they can use them while reno's are being done, but they must pay for cleaning out of their pocket when Reno's are done.

No one is put out by them using the facilities there and the only issue would be the impression that someone else is getting a little bit more than they are, which is a child like mentality.

I agree with your viewpoint here.   And we all know that people and institutions make ‘exceptions ‘ to rules all the time about all kinds of things.  And when an exception is something that benefits us personally, we don’t see anything wrong with it. And we usually laud it to some degree.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...