Quote of the Day: Robert Herrick

Inspiration Bot

Sigh!  

There are so many great quotes available in the world. 

This wasn't one.

Robert Herrick was a 17th-century English lyric poet and cleric. He is best known for Hesperides, a book of poems. This includes the carpe diem poem "To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time", with the first line "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may". 

• Awesome 1

12 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Sigh!  

There are so many great quotes available in the world. 

This wasn't one.

Considering the holiday shopping season has started, it’s a timely reminder against wanting what others have, what ads promote, what we believe will make us happy. 

19 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

While it may be true for some, or most, and I am not a diplomatic person, I've survived 56 years without needing to resort to violence.

Congratulations. Seriously.

But remember, in those 56 years there have been those who’ve fought for you so that you did not have to.

SW, truthfully I am a peaceful person and seek peaceful solutions to any conflict.  But there have been times in my life when the conflict came to me, someone I care for, or someone who could not defend themself, with violent intent and so I’ve done what I must. 

And there have been times when I’ve sought aggression on my own- mostly I kept that in the ring. And it was always to confront the demons of my own fear and self loathing. These though are not gentlemanly acts.

For me, true peace can only come from someone who has the ability to commit violence but voluntarily chooses not to.

”It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.”

• Heart 1