Aggressive snowbirds flying in every which way

shootingstar

Jeez, some snowbirds so desperate to head into the U.S. to their vacation pods, that they hire a company to drive their car from Quebec into NY near the border.  They themselves fly by a small charter plane to same border city in US.  Meet their car ...and drive further into the U.S.

Aggressive birds.  New business ventures help Canadian snowbirds circumvent a closed U.S. land border | CBC News  And everyone thinks Canadians are "nice". Maybe kinda dumb too.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

There's a major roadblock on the route for many snowbirds. The I-75 bridge over the Ohio River in Cincinnati is closed until at least Christmas. The bypasses are a crawl.

Old#7 bypass: from NY, I-81 south to Knoxville TN Jed. Pick up I-75 south thereabouts. Behave when entering VA, radar detectors are illegal in the state. Toot yer horn for @Zealot when passing Martinsburg WV. That is all y’all 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Old#7 bypass: from NY, I-81 south to Knoxville TN Jed. Pick up I-75 south thereabouts. Behave when entering VA, radar detectors are illegal in the state. Toot yer horn for @Zealot when passing Martinsburg WV. That is all y’all 

Stop for a break- coffee, a meal, a beer. Kick off your shoes and sit a spell.  😊 

• Awesome 2

23 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Aggressive snowbirds flying in every which way

Seems more pro-active and wise in their actions than aggressive.  I certainly wouldn't want to get stuck in the near Arctic tundra - especially if I had a 2nd home in a warm climate.  I'd call them morans if they let a place they spent good $$$ on buying and maintaining and spent a cold winter up north.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Seems more pro-active and wise in their actions than aggressive.  I certainly wouldn't want to get stuck in the near Arctic tundra - especially if I had a 2nd home in a warm climate.  I'd call them morans if they let a place they spent good $$$ on buying and maintaining and spent a cold winter up north.

See, I’d love to do this in reverse.  I wish I had a place up north to spend a winter in.  I’d love to harsh it out through a subarctic winter.  My wife in the other hand would not, so I never have. 

3 minutes ago, Zealot said:

See, I’d love to do this in reverse.  I wish I had a place up north to spend a winter in.  I’d love to harsh it out through a subarctic winter.  My wife in the other hand would not, so I never have. 

TONS of empty homes up there in the winter.  Just do it! AirBnB it!

I'd spend months at a ski area (like Dennis) if I was retired.  I love snow where snow should be, but can't stand cold for the sake of cold :( 

3 hours ago, team scooter said:

Mrs wants to move near Savannah Georgia to be near the grandkids. Not sure I'm willing to give up my winters yet. 

Off topic:  dearie did meet the singer Anne Murray decades ago at a party in Toronto.

While true, many days of snow, ice and temp. below -10 degrees C can be hard, I do like living with 4 distinct seasons.  So for me, VAncouver is the best compromise...you can see snow in teh mountains near the city....so just take a 45 min. transit bus ride to the area with snowshoes, etc.  

8 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Off topic:  dearie did meet the singer Anne Murray decades ago at a party in Toronto.

While true, many days of snow, ice and temp. below -10 degrees C can be hard, I do like living with 4 distinct seasons.  So for me, VAncouver is the best compromise...you can see snow in teh mountains near the city....so just take a 45 min. transit bus ride to the area with snowshoes, etc.  

Just so you know.  It may be subtle but Florida has 4 seasons too.  Early Summer.  Summer.  Late Summer.  Next Summer.

• Haha 1