Just got my Covid test results

Further

35 minutes ago, Further said:

Positive :angry:

Might explain why I feel like shit.

Buddy.  Sorry to read this.  But I'm with @donkpow -- I think you'll make a successful recovery.  Most people do.  We've learned a lot about it in the last year or so and this country certainly has a helluva sample pool out there to have observed it all.  You should be ok.  Anyway, I'm really, really expecting you to pull this out, man.

8 minutes ago, Further said:

Was there a pool ?

Do I win something ?

I knew the whoopleheads would get me.

Someone proposed a pool way back when but I don't think it ever took off.  Keep your head up and make sure you know where to go if any of the symptoms get worse.  Keep an eye on your temperature and breathing and take stock of what supplies you have in the house.  Plan ahead on any groceries you need and the delivery services that can put it on your steps.  Do contact your doctor and find out what the plan is/should be.

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, Further said:

I'm not worried about me. The Mrs. is another story.

Pretty sure I had this last year and she was unaffected, this year she is feeling like she has a bad cold, and is tired.

I'm just achy and tired, not as bad as I was last year....so far

The Mrs is who I am worried about. 

• Hugs 1

15 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Someone proposed a pool way back when but I don't think it ever took off.  Keep your head up and make sure you know where to go if any of the symptoms get worse.  Keep an eye on your temperature and breathing and take stock of what supplies you have in the house.  Plan ahead on any groceries you need and the delivery services that can put it on your steps.  Do contact your doctor and find out what the plan is/should be.

No there was a pool, and I chose Further. You all need to send me five dollars.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry, Further. Given the nature of my work, I was kind of expecting me to be first even though I try to do things right. 
In people I have talked to, rest a lot. One guy swears by the deep breathing exercises his doctor recommended. He said they hurt like hell at first, but got easier as he worked through the illness. 

• Heart 1

The Mrs. will call our Dr. in the morning. I bought the food for T-day today, so we have a lot of food in the house. My son is local and will support us as needed.

Thank ya'll for the support. I feel like a dickhead for catching it, but I knew the hooples would get me. It is hard to swim against the current without taking a break

• Hugs 3

No matter how careful you are, there are still risks, especially since many contagious people may feel fine.  Take it easy and follow your doctor's instructions.  Glad you have family nearby who can help.  If nothing else, we're here to keep you entertained.  :nodhead:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

16 hours ago, Further said:

I feel like a dickhead for catching it, but I knew the hooples would get me. It is hard to swim against the current without taking a break

Is it even traceable for how you caught it or who else might also have gotten it? 

Now that you have it, is there an actual process of folks contacting you, tracing your contacts, etc., or is it a black hole of nothing?

This morning the safety dept from work called and asked who I had been in contact with. Luckily the past few days I had spent mostly alone in my office.

Pretty damn sure I caught it from a guy I share a computer with, he tested positive on Monday

They are trying to keep it secret who is getting tested and who is coming up positive, but we talk among ourselves and can track what is happening.

It is a shit show. Most of these guys didn't believe it was a real disease, and payed no attention to masks or distancing, and now it is everywhere.

The state contact tracers also called me this morning and went over the  issolation procedures. I haven't spent any time  with anyone outside of work in quite a while. My son was over for a while a couple weeks ago, but they felt that was outside my infectious period.

Likely the only one I'll infect is my wife    :(

Interestingly the HR dept reached out to me and graciously offered to pay me for a week until our  S&A insurance could kick in. When I asked what happened to being payed up to 3 weeks while isolated, she explained that she was doing me a favor by saving the "home pay" for next time as they will only 120 hours total. I explained that I would just as soon use all  120 hrs if I needed it and go on S&A when the "home pay" runs out.   Fuckers,

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Further said:

They are trying to keep it secret who is getting tested and who is coming up positive, but we talk among ourselves and can track what is happening.

HIPAA regulations still apply.  They are not legally allowed to ID you as positive without your permission.  They are allowed to say "Someone you had contact with has tested positive."  That's pretty much it.

Both of our positive cases are back to work.  Both say it was the worse case of the flu ever.  Both also knew that their co-workers cared and wanted their names released as part of updates to the company.  Because of WFH, neither had any contact with co-workers.

17 hours ago, jsharr said:

No there was a pool, and I chose Further. You all need to send me five dollars.

No, you had @2Far. Which is just a little bit past @Further. It’s an easy mistake to make, but sorry. You don’t win the pool. win the pool. 

sorry to hear this, Futher. Do you know how long ago you got exposed? Any incident stand out when it likely happened? -nm, I see it was an office mate.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

No, you had @2Far. Which is just a little bit past @Further. It’s an easy mistake to make, but sorry. You don’t win the pool. win the pool. 

You may be a tad too @late. I think the checks are already in the mail.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dottles said:

Seems like a good time to lock yourself up and smoke heavy reefer.  I'm quite sure cannabis cures coronavirus.

I wasn't being serious.  I don't like that stuff.  But it does seem -- if you're a dope smoker -- like a good time to do it. Buy a bunch of snacks and drinks from Amazon delivery and hangout and tune out.  I'd even loan you my PS4.  If you have a downstairs, even better.  If not, you can always ask @Kzoo if you can rent his out on the cheap.  Getting covid couldn't be more enjoyable!

23 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Fortunately I have a van stocked with bottles of ether in the back. @jsharr will be happy to hand those checks over in no time.

I think jsharr would be happy to hand the checks over for a box of Twinkies or Little Debbies!

37 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I wasn't being serious.  I don't like that stuff.  But it does seem -- if you're a dope smoker -- like a good time to do it. Buy a bunch of snacks and drinks from Amazon delivery and hangout and tune out.  I'd even loan you my PS4.  If you have a downstairs, even better.  If not, you can always ask @Kzoo if you can rent his out on the cheap.  Getting covid couldn't be more enjoyable!

I have some whiskey with honey liqueur in it. That is slightly tempting. Smoking anything is not at all appealing.

My sense of taste has completely left. Had a bowl of honey nut cheerios and couldn't taste any thing.  

I think the ride is about to start

I'm sitting in front of my pellet stove, it is about 80 in the room. I'm covered with a blanket and shivering. My lips are burning like I used a habanero for chapstick, and my head is starting to ache.

Buckle up and keep your hands inside the ride....

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 4