I did it

bikeman564™

6 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I just beat my yearly mileage record of 6,510 miles (from 2018), to 6,520 miles as of today:cheerleader:and with month to go :)

Going into this year I had no idea what riding was going to be like, and had no goal other than to just ride.  I still can't believe the amount of riding I've done, and yet its all true. And (knock on wood) I feel great, and back to my old form IMO. Just wanted share. 

Pretty sweet.  This year has definitely been a good year for riding.  WFH helps a lot.  It will be interesting to see where 2021 takes us.  I can see WFH until June or so (or permanently), so that definitely makes things look good.  I missed a bit of the spring during that initial switch to WFH and folks not knowing what to do exercise-wise, but at least it sorted itself out and I got into a nice groove.  Likewise, no real vacation meant no week or more off the bike while traveling.  Fewer idle gaps in my year because of that.

On the flip side, I have to say my shared focus on riding my Diverge has yielded a significant hit to mileage per hour, but it is a nice trade-off (just under-represents vs my usual 99% road mileage).  Another odd thing that reduced my riding total was also WFH since now my wife and I were in the house 24/7, with no gym or exercise classes for her to attend, so we ended up doing a lot of lunchtime walks or hikes in the woods instead of me riding and her going to a class.  The goofiness of COVID also made me rethink a lot of my routes, and to take the least traveled as often as possible.  The Diverge is one piece that really helps with that :)

• Heart 2