N+1 is in the stable

az_cyclist

FTR, I was also mulling asking @Old No. 7 if Seven does frames with B&B couplers or if you have to buy the whole bike.  If Seven doesn't (or requires a full custom vs standard size with couplers), the Ritchey Outback Breakaway seems like a perfect travel bike for a multitude of rides.  From touring, to gravel, to road rides - with just a decision made prior to traveling to swap on the right tires and accessories.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

Brought home the Richey Outback Wednesday afternoon, but didn’t have time to finish everything for the ride Thursday. Finished the setup this afternoon (after putting up all the outside Christmas decorations first for Mrs Az_cyclist) and tooK it for a shakedown ride. The saddle felt too high, so I went home, adjusted it (to the same height as the Domane) then went back out. Handled great. Disc brakes were not quite as responsive as the Domane, but I expected that since they are  a combination of hydraulic and cable actuated as opposed to all hydraulic on the Domane.  Club ride of 51 tomorrow. Btw since it is a steel frame, I wore a throwback Team Motorola jersey.

0D3F23D6-C77E-49E3-AB0D-BC67E763B44D.jpeg

EE934907-B584-4A24-AB58-C4998D9A82CA.jpeg

Which brakes fit you go with, the HyRd or something else?  Also are those the Zeta wheels?

9 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

FTR, I was also mulling asking @Old No. 7 if Seven does frames with B&B couplers or if you have to buy the whole bike.  If Seven doesn't (or requires a full custom vs standard size with couplers), the Ritchey Outback Breakaway seems like a perfect travel bike for a multitude of rides.  From touring, to gravel, to road rides - with just a decision made prior to traveling to swap on the right tires and accessories.

Seven offers S&S couplers as a $500 option. They are on the top and down tube. They allow the bike to pack into a case that meets airline standards for luggage. I know people that have them but I didn’t go that route. You can order the frame and fork or a complete build to your preference. 

11 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

cable lock

Now that you have the gravel bike with all the mounting options, you can consider something like this Kryptonite lock that mounts on the bottom side of the down tube (where some folks mount a third bottle cage).  They come in keyed or combination, and could be a fix-it and forget-it solution.

image.png.67fcdd9aa9c24ef91a421303d2b3768d.pngimage.png.890113b116d8b3365a23a2914ed2280e.png

• Heart 1