Daily Goals

Square Wheels

3 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

You strike me as the type that might get board in retirement. :(  Do you think you can handle it?

Not likely.  I'll need structure.  Maybe volunteer at a school or library.  Take guitar lessons.  Read.  Hopefully ride and run, maybe take up swimming.

I'll lose my mind if I just sit around.  Sometimes I waste a whole weekend sitting in the chair I am in now.  I feel like crap Monday morning.

I wanted to move to Utah near Bryce Canyon.  I'd get a dog and go on multi-day hikes.  She said no.  Bitch.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Retirement requires a certain motivation.  Establishing a well thought out regimen of what to do and when to do it is key to the process.

Snort.

Never do today what you can put off until the day after tomorrow or the day after that. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Wtf?  I have no ideer if you are Sirius or not with this!

Totally.  Only been there once, fell in love with it.  I would sleep in a tent too.  We planned a trip out there this fall to look for land.  Obviously, that didn't happen.  She isn't crazy about the Utah idea, worried about Mormons.  I keep telling her that's silly.

We haven't picked a location yet.  She's also looking at Maui.  I don't know how we can afford that, plus worried about healthcare on such a small island.

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Totally.  Only been there once, fell in love with it.  I would sleep in a tent too.  We planned a trip out there this fall to look for land.  Obviously, that didn't happen.  She isn't crazy about the Utah idea, worried about Mormons.  I keep telling her that's silly.

We haven't picked a location yet.  She's also looking at Maui.  I don't know how we can afford that, plus worried about healthcare on such a small island.

Utah may be full of Mormons but it is also full of active outdoor people like you and speed demon. I would worry aboot the isolation from fambly in such a remote location, but there seem to be lots of positives too. Definitely worth running up the old flagpole with a two week vacation. 

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

Utah may be full of Mormons but it is also full of active outdoor people like you and speed demon. I would worry aboot the isolation from fambly in such a remote location, but there seem to be lots of positives too. Definitely worth running up the old flagpole with a two week vacation. 

Haven't seen my family in a year now.  I guess I can move.  Not sure how long my parents will live.  Maybe 10 years.  If they were gone when I retire, much less keeping me here.  My boys both moved to Texas, daughter is with me now, but when she finished school, who knows where she'll go.  Brother in MA, sister in CT.  I would fly home for holidays.

1,281 days until second retirement. Like @Square Wheelsi want to be active and have outdoor opportunities. I prefer mountain views to beaches and I like the Blue Ridge Shenandoah Valley area. I could move to Utah, Colorado, Arizona as they check all the boxes for me. But I do like sitting on a porch and watching thunderstorms roll in.  

20 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I honestly needed the little part time job at the hobby shop to detox from working.

Is one of those jobs where you get paid with store inventory? 

When my son had a summer job working at a motorcycle shop and he went back to college I got a bill from the motorcycle shop. Looks like he spent more than he made. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Is one of those jobs where you get paid with store inventory? 

When my son had a summer job working at a motorcycle shop and he went back to college I got a bill from the motorcycle shop. Looks like he spent more than he made. 

I wish.  No, they paid me minimum wage and gave me a small discount so I promptly spent much of my income in the store.  Same effect.

• Heart 1