Interesting chore of the day.

maddmaxx

To install a 24" lazy susan in the crap corner cabinet that the insurance company cheaped out on earlier in the year.

Part one, locate the base plates top and bottom using a paper template provided with the kit that measures the setback from the front of the cabinet.  Not so bad for the lower plate but how does one make sure that the upper on is actually in the same plane.  Totally ignored in the instructions.  I think I will install the lower, then assemble the pole, establish a vertical and then mark the upper.  Take the pole apart again and drill and mount the upper on the marks.

All this from a 74 year old body laying inside a too small to get into cabinet.  I suspect that I will be hurting when this is over.

• Heart 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Then the wife helps.  While laying on my stomach with the wife straddling me :o she slides the shelves up on the poll so that the lower shelf pin can be driven in, locking the poll to the lower mounting bracket.  Then she lets the lower shelf down and slides up the upper shelf so that it's locating parts can be installed at the proper height.

This part got me a little excited. :D

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

laying inside a too small to get into cabinet. 

Internal cabinet work sucks. Some years ago I helped my Dad w/ a kitchen faucet installation. He had a corner sink, so the reach is farther than normal. I got it hooked up though. But damn what a PITA.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

We have a rediculous deep and narrow cabinet that we keep the oils and vinegars in. The main problem is lack of light. I do keep a flashlight nearby and the eyephone flashlight is always handy but I seldom think to use either and instead use trial and error. Mostly error. 

If you were a 4-5 handyman, you could pull some wire and light 'er up. Frankly, a 2 could hang a battery powered puck light for crying out loud.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

All this from a 74 year old body laying inside a too small to get into cabinet.  I suspect that I will be hurting when this is over.

My 50 yr old body complains when I have to contort myself to get under a kitchen or bathroom cabinet.  It is amazing how tough working in those spaces can be - and anger inducing.  If I'm under a cabinet, do NOT try to chat with me.  Leave me alone unless I am asking for something.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I just put two 3 way flashlights in the cabinet bouncing off the walls and top.  The only trick part of the job was ignoring the templates that came with the kit and using 2 small stick on levels to set the top mounting bracket using the bottom bracket and the pole as a reference.

Of course post shower I find that I am bleeding from both elbows.  Double advil.

• Heart 3

I just did a complete bedding change because of a catheter leak or blockage. I’m no Jocelyn. She can change the disposable pads, washable pad, and bottom sheet with one roll each direction. I lost count after four rolls.  My wife can’t tell when that catheter isn’t working. I’ll have to keep an eye on it today. The weekend nurse is off and I’m not sure who is taking her place. Hopefully there was a kink in the hose and it’s working ok now. Now I need to do another load of laundry.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1