Death by a thousand cuts

Ralphie

5 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Are you speaking metaphorically about masturbation?  Did RG hijack your account?

No I actually like to bang on real drums. I bought my grandkids a full size drum set and they keep it at our house. Once they get a bigger house they will take it home. In the meantime I started taking online drum lessons. That got derailed when my wife got sick. I always did the drums while she was at work.

• Heart 1

Death by a thousand cuts today was a misplanned trip to the grocery store to get some milk.............and and and and after the family was done adding to the list.

The bottle room was closed for cleaning.  Strike one.

Saturday people seem incapable of following arrows.  Strike two.

There was an elderly couple at the egg refrigerator who picked up and fondled 14 packages of eggs before getting what they wanted.  Strike three.

When touching the no cash back button on the touch screen I must have hit the 30 back and when I tried to get the cashier to cancel it the high school aged girl didn't know how.  OK, give me the money.  Strike four.

I had to dodge a drunk in an SUV on the way home.  One thousand cuts.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Death by a thousand cuts today was a misplanned trip to the grocery store to get some milk.............and and and and after the family was done adding to the list.

The bottle room was closed for cleaning.  Strike one.

Saturday people seem incapable of following arrows.  Strike two.

There was an elderly couple at the egg refrigerator who picked up and fondled 14 packages of eggs before getting what they wanted.  Strike three.

When touching the no cash back button on the touch screen I must have hit the 30 back and when I tried to get the cashier to cancel it the high school aged girl didn't know how.  OK, give me the money.  Strike four.

I had to dodge a drunk in an SUV on the way home.  One thousand cuts.

OMG, I think my blood pressure just went up 70 points. 

Excuse me, but I just need to grab ONE carton of eggs.

Hey kid, you can hack mom and dad's bank account but you can't figure this out? How about change, genius? Can you make change without the computer telling you what to give me?? No? Dumbass.

• Awesome 1

14 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Do you ever feel that way?  I get annoyed when I have a big backlog of craps to take care of. Then I just want to bang on the drums all day and then I am Further behind the next day, and so on, and so on. So doing nothing is both easy and not easy. Motivation is fleeting for me. 

It seems to me that the days when I'd have a load of work to do either in school setting up labs or grading papers at home hit me on days when I was coaching softball or track or cross country and we had a weekday competition far away and I didn't get home until 9 pm - having started the day at 6:30 am.

I'd be tired for the next few days trying to catch up while also having to coach for hours after the workday - sometimes I'd be coaching 3rd base and be so tired I'd forget how many outs there were - I had to start using a ball/strike/out hand counter.  I was thrilled when I got a weekend without a game/meet.