What have you not tried that almost everyone else has?

Square Wheels

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’ve never tried any of those games people play on their phones.

I am quite surprised that I managed to kick my Gridblock habit.  Did it just aboot cold turkey with surprising ease.  And I was hooked!  And I have plenty of opportunity while a car pool passenger or watching tv.  Brians are funny things. :)  And smartphones are aboot the closest thing we have to a direct link to the old brians.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

I have never tried rock climbing.

And I never will.

Wo46 and I were just talking about getting back into climbing when we were at Tallulah gorge. 

I have never had a flaming shot of whiskey and never will. 

• Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I have never seen a live football game, not kids, not high school, not college, not professional 

Like, in person? Or on TV?  In person, like almost all sports, is fun - especially if you have a connection like a kid on the team.  I randomly get to a high school game for various family ties, and I always enjoy them even if the execution is pretty "average" compared to college or pro.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I have never seen a live football game, not kids, not high school, not college, not professional 

I'm not a football or a baseball fan but when someone gives you free tickets I go for the fun of it I just don't pay attention to the game. 

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Like, in person? Or on TV?  In person, like almost all sports, is fun - especially if you have a connection like a kid on the team.  I randomly get to a high school game for various family ties, and I always enjoy them even if the execution is pretty "average" compared to college or pro.

Live, like in person.  I do want to go to a pro game at some point, take in the whole tailgating thing.  Just not had the right opportunity(yet)

54 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I have never tried pot, or any illegal drugs.

I was having a hard time thinking of what mine would be and I think this is it. I have never smoked pot.  As a kid I found a bindle of coke a BIL left at my parents house.  I tasted it (like they do on TV shows) and spat it out so I guess I technically have used coke.

When I was testing for PD’s I knew I would have to polygraph so admitted to the coke use.  Most depts laughed it off but a couple DQ’d me on that alone.  

5 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

FIFY

It's one reason a driving range is so fun - the guy driving the ball retrieval cart is the best target.  I think a driving range could make seriously money sending people out there in armor to provide target practice for golfers.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Live, like in person.  I do want to go to a pro game at some point, take in the whole tailgating thing.  Just not had the right opportunity(yet)

College games are a lot of fun for tailgating too.  Yeah there are the kids getting rowdy but there is also a lot of alums & older fans out having a good time.  If you are just going for the experience IMHO college football is much more fun than pro games. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

If you're only going to one, I'd pick a big college game., preferably a big rivalry game.

I've never had my ears pierced.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Kirby said:

If you're only going to one, I'd pick a big college game., preferably a big rivalry 

55 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

College games are a lot of fun for tailgating too.  Yeah there are the kids getting rowdy but there is also a lot of alums & older fans out having a good time.  If you are just going for the experience IMHO college football is much more fun than pro games. 

This is what I want..., just to take in the whole experience.  My wife went to a pro soccer game when she was in Brazil, just to take it in, she said the atmosphere was unreal

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I was having a hard time thinking of what mine would be and I think this is it. I have never smoked pot.  As a kid I found a bindle of coke a BIL left at my parents house.  I tasted it (like they do on TV shows) and spat it out so I guess I technically have used coke.

When I was testing for PD’s I knew I would have to polygraph so admitted to the coke use.  Most depts laughed it off but a couple DQ’d me on that alone.  

I'd fail the polygraph.  They'd ask if I killed JFK, I'd say no (mostly because I didn't) and I suspect it would go off anyhow.  I have a horrible guilty conscience. 

I've never tried diving (because I can't swim) or any water sport, rock-climbing (a nephew has become addicted), pot (I was given free sample of weed but threw it away after it sat on my desk for 2 months), any illegal drugs, eyeliner (it freaks me out to put chemicals near membrane), colouring my hair, hard liquor (I'm mildly allergic, but will drink 6-7 sips of white wine before I get a flush), downhill skiing (going down a bunny hill on x-country skis is enough), horseback riding (but I rode a donkey in Greece), etc.

Don't underestimate knowing how to ride a bike. I've met women who tell me enviously they wished they had learned to ride a bike as a child.

I've never gone snow skiing.

In college, I was too poor during the Winter break to go with friends for a week at a ski resort in MD or PA and had to work full time to save money.

Afterward, not being a fan of cold weather, I never went.

Maybe that's something I should do while I'm still young enough to do it just for the experience.

I wasn't a big fan of whitewater rafting but it was a great thrill in 2017 and I want to do it again after the pandemic's over.  Maybe I'll like skiing.

10 hours ago, Zephyr said:

This is what I want..., just to take in the whole experience.  My wife went to a pro soccer game when she was in Brazil, just to take it in, she said the atmosphere was unreal

I went to some sort of regional pro soccer in Greece.  For sure, soccer fans went nuts.  Then later, we were in Europe coincidentally, during the semi-finals for FIFA,...so in Czech Republic, Denmark there were big jumbo screens in town squares to watch and pubs were busy at night. Just tons of crowds and people draped in their team sport national flags.  The atmosphere would have been like something akin Canada-Russia hockey games back in the 1970's where nationalism was at its peak.  Or some of the recent Olympic semi final hockey games.

• Heart 1

I've never played soccer.  Never wanted to even try.   Basketball or bike riding is (was for basketball) what I liked to do.  

I've never gone skydiving.  Never will.

11 hours ago, Tizeye said:
13 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Golf is very fun. Feels zen-like when you send that ball hurtling toward the pin cars, windows, pedestrians and anywhere but the pin. 

FIFY

Yeah... that's about how good I was at golf.  One golf course had homes on both sides of the fairways.  I lost a LOT of balls that day.   I could hear them bouncing off of homes, patio furniture, etc... NO WAY was I going to go for those golf balls.   I gave up on golf a LONG time ago.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I've never played soccer.  Never wanted to even try.   Basketball or bike riding is (was for basketball) what I liked to do.  

I've never gone skydiving.  Never will.

Yeah... that's about how good I was at golf.  One golf course had homes on both sides of the fairways.  I lost a LOT of balls that day.   I could hear them bouncing off of homes, patio furniture, etc... NO WAY was I going to go for those golf balls.   I gave up on golf a LONG time ago.

LIke you I have never and will never skydive nor bungy jump.  I have a bit fear of heights and have no interest go backwards from great heights over water (I can't swim..I'm sorry).

My courage/daring..has happened to other areas of life which has nothing to do with sports.

I have a close friend here in town, who used to go on golfing vacations with some other women:  the Carolinas (explain to me the hot golfing areas), Arizona, some of the mountain areas.. 

9 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I'd fail the polygraph.  They'd ask if I killed JFK, I'd say no (mostly because I didn't) and I suspect it would go off anyhow.  I have a horrible guilty conscience. 

Polygraphs are really odd. I had taken several of them and conscious really doesn’t factor into how they work.  

One of the things the polygrapher does is give you a series of questions to see how your body reacts to deception. For example they will tell you to say yes to every question. Then will ask, is your name Mike? Yes, Dave, Yes. Chris? Yes... Then he’ll have you pick a number from 1-5 and not tell him. Then they will tell you to say say no to all of the questions.  One? No.  Two, No and so forth.  I’ll be damn if they didn’t pick the number every time.

Then they start asking you the questions they want answered.  Mine were preemployment/clearance related and had more to do with deception or false info on the application.  

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Kirby said:

If you're only going to one, I'd pick a big college game., preferably a big rivalry game.

I've never had my ears pierced.

I would agree on a college game for tailgating. WoScrapr & I had a primo spot for almost 10 years. Late season game we could have 50-75 people there. It was hard to tell because the tailgates all blend together. Some of our funnest times. I'd be careful on rivalry games. There can be some strange stuff going down after. Every time our little group would visit our rival we hung together. There was stuff being thrown at us & near fights after the game(we lost-they won...why you wanna fight?)

for @Zephyr you could go down to U Washington. We have had some fun there. We went pre game to a bar then rode a boat to the game

Our rivalry game was last night. We won on our "home" field. But no fans in  attendance. Just cardboard cutouts. One video showed up bunch of cardboard cutout fans "rushing" the field...ie: laying in the endzone

• Heart 1