88 bottles of whiskey

Airehead

I remember the Canajohari climb. It was fun but opted to take a shower and wear regular clothes and take the shuttle back down the hill into town for dinner. There were some hardcore bad asses that rode their bikes to dinner and a few that were running late and went straight to dinner and then rode up the hill and set up their tents. I didn’t want to wear sweaty bike clothes to dinner.

• Awesome 1

I had a sealed bottle of 1948 Old Grand Dad Bourbon. There's a guy who advertised in the local paper for old, sealed bottles. He gave me $80 for it. His collection is over 300 bottles including some from Prohibition. 

He's a lawyer and told me that some people like the 2nd Amendment. Others like the 1st Amendment. His favorite is the 21st Amendment. It took me a few seconds....

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I remember the Canajohari climb. It was fun but opted to take a shower and wear regular clothes and take the shuttle back down the hill into town for dinner. There were some hardcore bad asses that rode their bikes to dinner and a few that were running late and went straight to dinner and then rode up the hill and set up their tents. I didn’t want to wear sweaty bike clothes to dinner.

In the old days you used to get a chicken barbecue at the top of the hill. Made the climb worth it. 

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

In the old days you used to get a chicken barbecue at the top of the hill. Made the climb worth it. 

I think we had a catered meal at an art gallery. Not sure, we had a fancy catered meal at an art gallery somewhere on the trip.

I remember that town didn’t allow them to paint arrows on the road to let you know where to turn. People sat on their porches and let us know where to turn. I wasn’t sure I trusted them but I followed their directions and got there.

• Heart 1

From the linked article;

Of the 88 bottles the couple discovered, only 13 of the bottles are full, although some have damaged tops. The rest of the bottles are half-full or empty, with their contents fully evaporated.

"I would say nine to 10 are in good, sellable condition," Drummond said.

A genuine bottle of Old Smuggler's sold for $1,268 at a 2018 online auction.

I'd probably would open one and give it a taste.  Depending on how that went, I consider selling most of the others, or not.