At Thanksgiving

maddmaxx

With my diet experiments I had to talk my sister out of having her husband drive a Thanksgiving food box over to me.

My brother's family stayed home but didn't have turkey for Thanksgiving - today (Saturday) is the first day of Firearm Deer Season in Maryland. My brother and son Adam went to the Eastern Shore rural/forested property of the hunting club my brother is in.  I'll get my normal several pounds of venison if they're successful.

I walked my brother's dog Jake today for a short 30 min, 1.5 mile walk. My blood sugar behaved very well. My brood sugar has averaged 154 mg/dL the last 7 days, the equivalent of a 7.0 A1c and has not gone to the unhealthy 240 or above level.  As long as have I enough excellent-for-diabetics foods interspersed with higher-carb or high-GI foods, my blood sugar is staying in the "controlled" range.

Tonight I'm making 6 bowls worth chicken soup - that's my only poultry in the past several days.  I expect to eat 4 bowls, varying the amount of noodles (2 oz or less) per bowl, and freeze 2 bowls worth so I have more good-for-diabetics stuff to make for days when my blood sugar runs high before dinnertimes.

• Heart 1