The story of our food tree

Airehead

And the big tree is all blown glass food ornaments.  Some are common like cake or pie or a gingerbread man.   Some are unusual like endive or cabbage. Who even knew there was a market for cabbage Christmas ornaments.  These were both made in Poland. 

607434BC-258D-465F-B0AE-2BB77D29D21B.jpeg

4883364B-FFF4-41AF-8637-D47CAC9788BE.jpeg

• Heart 3

8 minutes ago, Airehead said:

And the big tree is all blown glass food ornaments.  Some are common like cake or pie or a gingerbread man.   Some are unusual like endive or cabbage. Who even knew there was a market for cabbage Christmas ornaments.  These were both made in Poland. 

607434BC-258D-465F-B0AE-2BB77D29D21B.jpeg

candy corn :cheerleader: best ornament ever

• Awesome 1

9 hours ago, Airehead said:

No we are not, but our neighbors are. Those chickens just love to stroll across the street. 

Now we know why the chicken cross the road - to visit Aire!

I'm sure it creates an issue, but I love the idea of strolling chickens.

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Kirby said:

Now we know why the chicken cross the road - to visit Aire!

I'm sure it creates an issue, but I love the idea of strolling chickens.

The strolling chickens aren't really much trouble except when they were eating the grass seed Einstein had just put down on the edge of the drive.  It is fun to see them wandering around.

I like the ornaments!  I think "food" is very intertwined with holidays, so it makes sense to have them on the tree too.  When we do the ornaments (tomorrow, I think), I'll have to see how many themes we have.  Definitely a few food ornaments on there.  Likely travel related ones as well.  I think a lot of animal ones too. Not sure what else, but we'll see (it's always takes a bit to refresh my memory of all the ornaments).

• Heart 1

WoKzoo is extremely artistic,  She can create just about anything from anything.  Many many years ago she created Christmas ornaments out of a flour past mixture.  She did this for a couple years - lots of different Christmas figures.  They were dried and painted and sealed.  After several years she tired of them (she likes change) and put them in a garage sale.  When her mother saw them for sale she was upset to see them go so she bought them.  They were a major part of the Mother in law's tree for several years.  When MIL died a few years ago, Daughter#1 made sure she got the ornaments and now have lived on in her Christmas for the past few years.

6 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

WoKzoo is extremely artistic,  She can create just about anything from anything.

Would she take a swing at creating the Parody Bot 2.0?

Even if she used the old parts from the failed bucket of rusty bolts from the corpse of Parody Bot, we would be in a way better place than we are now.

• Heart 1