Have you put up your Christmas Tree yet?

maddmaxx

26 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm with him.

Last year my wife agreed not to do it, then our fake tree went up in the greenhouse.  It was cool, the lights were on a timer.  Still a pain to drag around.  She was going to sell it, but it ended up back in the basement.

It is possible if your children visit, they would like to see the tree.  Just a thought.

I don't have a tree anywhere at home 'cause I'm going to another home where dearie might have started festooning lights around the window..it looks abit tacky but he likes it.  And always the pointisetta plant from store..

From several Christmas' ago. He is the one who light candles....this comes from his childhood..his mother was a devout Catholic... Dearie also grew up as a boy..when they had REAL lit candles on live christmas tree.  This is what Germans did before electric lights for tree.

One year, the tree fell..yes, there was a mini fire.  This would have been in 1950's in Ontario.

For himself and I each, decorating a home with some Christmas decorations, is visual celebration but also celebrating being with family and loved ones.  It is for them also and depending on family dynamics..good memories. He tries get decorations ...since his daughter usually comes to visit for a few hrs.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

My youngest is my daughter, she's 20.  She lives with me.  My boys are both in Texas.

None of them would care if I had a tree or not.

It's just one more thing the dog would destroy.

I am not sure...kids are unexpressive especially about certain things at different ages.  Some don't tell a parent outright what they miss for what they take for granted. 

True, the dog can be a problem. Well, some dogs... dearie's dog (above creature) comes over for Eve. He was an abused dog since it avoids alot men.  But it likes dearie and likes being held by dearie. Dearie's daughter (who is over 40 yrs.), has trained well each dog she's owned.

• Heart 1