Bacon (if you don't like meat you prob shouldn't open this thread)

Parr8hed

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

We got after it pretty good this year.  The women folk do sized.  Us men just plan which meats we're gonna eat and how we are gonna fix them.  I didn't take pics of the sides.  

Cause that’s wimmen’s stuff. I did like the smoked pork belly, sliced and fried on the grill. 

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, shootingstar said:

So how many people did you feed all of this?  And 1-2 veggie dishes..

Kidding.  There were 22 people camping (including kids) but sporadically each family would have friends stop by the campsite and eat a meal.  Sat night I estimated we had about 30 people eating.

9 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

Where did you guys camp, @Parr8hed?

Brown County state park, Central IN.  Probably an hour south of Indy.  Columbus area.  Fairly close to Bloomington (God's country).

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Kidding.  There were 22 people camping (including kids) but sporadically each family would have friends stop by the campsite and eat a meal.  Sat night I estimated we had about 30 people eating.

Brown County state park, Central IN.  Probably an hour south of Indy.  Columbus area.  Fairly close to Bloomington (God's country).

Yes.  I know where it is, a bit south of Nashville.

• Heart 1

I have no idea what's good or bad about "shoulder style bacon" or why anyone would want to smoke it with pecan wood, but this was at Costco for $8-something for two 1 lb packages and it looked like it would go great on BLT sandwiches so I grabbed it.  It may be new - I couldn't quickly find images of that brand on Google Images so I had to take a photo of it:

1650685057_20201201_174308900pclar_sat.jpg.33891df12d526973ddb615fcf92cbbeb.jpg

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I have no idea what's good or bad about "shoulder style bacon" or why anyone would want to smoke it with pecan wood, but this was at Costco for $8-something for two 1 lb packages and it looked like it would go great on BLT sandwiches so I grabbed it.  It may be new - I couldn't quickly find images of that brand on Google Images so I had to take a photo of it:

1650685057_20201201_174308900pclar_sat.jpg.33891df12d526973ddb615fcf92cbbeb.jpg

My buddy that was camping with us was talking about this.  Trying to cure a shoulder and smoke it for bacon.  We usually just smoke a shoulder for 12 hours and then shred it.  

• Heart 1