Brrrr

jsharr

12 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I didn't know Texas froze

It is a big state, but even in central Texas, they can have some bad ice storms, that normally hit about the time students are returning to campus after Christmas break. Hard freezes play havoc with water lines that are run through the attic. 

• Heart 2

51 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

It is a big state, but even in central Texas, they can have some bad ice storms, that normally hit about the time students are returning to campus after Christmas break. Hard freezes play havoc with water lines that are run through the attic. 

Yep.  Mom and Dad had one of those bust once upon a time.  

I had an uncle who lived in San Antonio.  He was a plumber. He told me about how bad people were on the roads during an ice storm several years ago. He said he was rusty at driving on ice, but once he got his touch back, he was OK. He couldn't believe how many people thought if you couldn't go, you give it more gas! Ditches looked like parking lots.....

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

The nights & mornings have been chilly but mid day it’s been really nice.

16DC938A-9B7F-48EE-BAEF-95BED6FB5646.thumb.png.b7d0fb99f5f86ed719fc0dd8c5388305.png

My boss was bitching about the cold snap down in Florida.  Something about the high being in the 60s today (before returning to the 70s). 

Of course, he has hurricanes, flooding, mosquitoes, and random alligators coming through snatching dogs and cats to deal with, so the trade-offs aren't quite as clear as one might immediately think.  Also ... Florida Man!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My boss was bitching about the cold snap down in Florida.  Something about the high being in the 60s today (before returning to the 70s). 

Of course, he has hurricanes, flooding, mosquitoes, and random alligators coming through snatching dogs and cats to deal with, so the trade-offs aren't quite as clear as one might immediately think.  Also ... Florida Man!

Yeah I’m not complaining at all, the chilly temps for us I know are still warmer than many of your high temps.

I have said this before but now is when transplants love their moves to SoCal. Yeah they pay too much in rent & mortgage, yeah it’s crazy congested but 70 degrees & sunny in December, hell yeah worth it! 

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

And then January and February put it WAY OVER THE TOP!

March & April too.  Our suckiest weather is May - early July.  Cool & overcast and the sun rarely burns off the marine layer on the coast.  July - Oct is usually really hot but it’s not humid.  Nov - April is awesome.