Case #2...potential #3 isolating

petitepedal

I found out yesterday that the lady I talk to regularly at work & who exposed me is having a rough go.  She has been in the hospital 2X due to low oxygen levels and as of yesterday was still in the hospital.  

This is the person who manages our Covid protocols & response nationwide.  She was exposed by her husband and was pissed about what he did to get exposed (she wouldn’t tell me what he did but she clearly didn’t think it was a good idea and then he brought it home).... Hate to be that guy...

• Sad 2

Not good news but the Post reports today that all the travelers over Thanksgiving will pick up and spread the disease more effectively. Four to five weeks from now, December 24 to January 1, will see death rates and hospitalizations begin to rise. New meaning to “I’ll be home for Christmas”

34 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Lady is in the hospital...her sister is isolating.....:frantics:And so it continues...

Compared to other years, how does this compare.  Folks seem happy flu and flu deaths are down, so maybe you're seeing an upside to this COVID nightmare? I don't think anyone in years past "isolated" due to interacting with someone who had the flu, so perhaps you're going to see a better season this year overall (with the few tragic COVID cases)?

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I found out yesterday that the lady I talk to regularly at work & who exposed me is having a rough go.  She has been in the hospital 2X due to low oxygen levels and as of yesterday was still in the hospital.  

This is the person who manages our Covid protocols & response nationwide.  She was exposed by her husband and was pissed about what he did to get exposed (she wouldn’t tell me what he did but she clearly didn’t think it was a good idea and then he brought it home).... Hate to be that guy...

It's never a good idea for husbands to bring something "bad" home.  What happens in Vegas should stay in Vegas.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Not good news but the Post reports today that all the travelers over Thanksgiving will pick up and spread the disease more effectively. Four to five weeks from now, December 24 to January 1, will see death rates and hospitalizations begin to rise. New meaning to “I’ll be home for Christmas”

We're already taxed.  I can't imagine what it will look like in February after Christmas.

• Sad 1