so RG & DH are both MIA?

bikeman564™

30 minutes ago, donkpow said:

DH is building a house. I doubt she will ever return here.

Yeah building a home can be very stressful and time consuming.  If you and you spouse/SO can survive building a home, you can make it thru just about anything.   So many things to pick out, buy, and store somewhere until needed.   We eventually rented 2 large storage units about 1/2 a mile from the home site.  Wait till DH finds out 1 shipping container is too small for all the stuff they need to store.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Didn't they ask you how much you had?

That was something my builder asked, more like a joke.  Of course I didn't answer. 

Once we were talking about his next home building project.   I mentioned...  "Yeah... I'd like to meet your next victim."  

8 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Too low...  I'd guess closer to $220k.

I don't even know what we are guessing about! The permit cost? The materials for the home build? The first check for starting construction? That woman loves to make us work for an answer!

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't even know what we are guessing about! The permit cost? The materials for the home build? The first check for starting construction? That woman loves to make us work for an answer!

:D I wasn't sure either.   I knew a permit would not cost $110k, so I assumed we ere guessing the cost of the home, not including the lot.

My guess for the permit...  $1500.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

House permit is ready. 

Anyone venture a guess as to the cost I will pay today? 2 bedroom, 2 bath, garage, 2 modest porches. Of course, I get this message after I get home that it is ready for pickup. 

This means I get an address today. 

So happy to here from you @Dirtyhip   Excited for you 

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

House permit is ready. 

Anyone venture a guess as to the cost I will pay today? 2 bedroom, 2 bath, garage, 2 modest porches. Of course, I get this message after I get home that it is ready for pickup. 

Hmm, I've never built a house so I have no idea, but I'll guess $1,000 or maybe $750.

12 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

The permit was 5353 today.

I still can't believe this.^^^     My permit was about $750.  It was based on the number of sq ft in the home about 3100.   I thought $1500 would be a lot at double my cost.

I'll reduce my consulting fee to $0.00.    You need good news about the cost of your home. 

17 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

House permit is ready. 

$5355

• Haha 1