Would you wait?

Kirby

As detailed in the short story about shipping packages, I mailed Christmas gifts to relatives early this year because I expect to be busy at work and wanted to avoid the shipping rush right around Christmas.  I already received a call from one relative to got the package and opened it immediately (and opened all the wrapped gifts within the package).  Two others let me know if arrived, but checked to make sure there was nothing that would spoil because they want to wait until Christmas to open.

What about you?  Are you the type who would open right away or the type that would save everything for Christmas?

• Heart 1

52 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Better early than late. Maybe put a sign on it saying "Do NOT Open Until Christmas".

I'm fine with each doing whatever they like.   I just found it interesting to see which option they chose.  They'll be other gifts at Christmas, so it's sort of fun that they open these when they're the only gifts.  But personally I tend to wait.  I like to have something to look forward to.

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

As detailed in the short story about shipping packages, I mailed Christmas gifts to relatives early this year because I expect to be busy at work and wanted to avoid the shipping rush right around Christmas.  I already received a call from one relative to got the package and opened it immediately (and opened all the wrapped gifts within the package).  Two others let me know if arrived, but checked to make sure there was nothing that would spoil because they want to wait until Christmas to open.

What about you?  Are you the type who would open right away or the type that would save everything for Christmas?

I think I'd wait, though I don't know if we're doing much for Christmas this year in terms of presents.  I spend lots on my nephews in normal times and will either give them cash or rain checks.  I'm hoping things are open by late summer.  We'll do the Smithsonian again - the virtual reality stuff and 3D theater in the Air and Space Museum is incredible, as well as the National Aquarium, one of the caverns in Virginia and some stuff we haven't done before like an overnight trip to a Broadway show in New York City.

3 minutes ago, roadsue said:

But if there’s no designated time, I would open it immediately so I could thank the giver. 

I agree!  Kirby's fault!  It's actually strange Kirby is blaming the poor schlubs who opened the gift following normal protocols like you describe. 

Seeing such a fired up and raging angry Kirby is a sight to behold!

:frantics:

• Haha 1