Ravens at Steelers

Some Old Guy

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I suffer from gout.  Figured out my triggers though and have not had an attack in years until today.  
Tried to tough it out, but had to leave office.  Currently working from home in front of my tv with my foot up and laptop on my lap.

Allopurinol. No pain in 10 years. Used to get devastating pain. 

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I suffer from gout.  Figured out my triggers though and have not had an attack in years until today.  
Tried to tough it out, but had to leave office.  Currently working from home in front of my tv with my foot up and laptop on my lap.

You can get grout anywhere that sells ceramic tiles. Stay away from those places if you don't want grout.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You taking anything for it?  My Dr put me on meds for the gout and I haven’t had a flair up since.  There is also another med you can take on an as needed basis that breaks up the gout chrystals immediately.  I only took it once and it knocked the shit out of the flair up.  

If you get flair ups often I recommend seeing your Dr about it. I’m glad I did, as you know they suck...

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

A lot of days I push my guys pretty hard..., but today is an admin day.  I told them if they wanted to grab their laptop and work in the training room with the game on the 80" tv, I am okay with that.

20201202_130445.jpg

It looks like someone threw up in the corner?!?!  What’s that yellow crap on the floor?

• Haha 1

So Steelers fans, don't get pissed when I say this... because winning the amount of games you have in the NFL is hard. But the fact remains your schedule has been fairly easy with the Bills and two games against Baltimore as your litmus test ... and we all know Baltimore's struggles with covid-19 this year. So my question is ... and yes we know you're team is good ... but record aside... how good do you think you really are? Are you the super bowl favorite?

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

No. I think the clear favorite is K.C. Although I find it difficult to make anything of a game played 6 days after it was scheduled, on a Wednesday afternoon.

It would seem that way but the Raiders seem to match up well with them. Who you like in the NFC? Seattle makes the playoffs and probably wins a game before exiting. I'm guessing NO but they have big question with Brees out and a lot of questions around Tampa.

37 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It would seem that way but the Raiders seem to match up well with them. Who you like in the NFC? Seattle makes the playoffs and probably wins a game before exiting. I'm guessing NO but they have big question with Brees out and a lot of questions around Tampa.

The NFC is a crap shoot and I don’t have a good read on it anymore.  I gotta think your Hawks are a favorite.  I have fun watching the talking heads proclaim my Rams as the clear favorites one week and then ask when are they benching Goff the next...  Green Bay NO & Tampa are in the mix but I still think the Hawks will get it together & represent the NFC.

I got KC out of the AFC and I think Pittsburgh will meet them in the AFC Championship game.

Game was fun to watch, no skin in the game for either team. Best highlight though when my wife came in to watch at 6:30 expecting to catch Lester Holts news program. She was utterly scandalized that the NBC wouldn't just turn the silly game off so important news broadcast could happen. :rolleyes:

She was also concerned Lester was just sitting there waiting to see if the game ended soon enough for him to go on air. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, goldendesign said:

Game was fun to watch, no skin in the game for either team. Best highlight though when my wife came in to watch at 6:30 expecting to catch Lester Holts news program. She was utterly scandalized that the NBC wouldn't just turn the silly game off so important news broadcast could happen. :rolleyes:

She was also concerned Lester was just sitting there waiting to see if the game ended soon enough for him to go on air. 

They learned from the Heidi game, although she's too young to have seen that

14 hours ago, ChrisL said:

The NFC is a crap shoot and I don’t have a good read on it anymore.  I gotta think your Hawks are a favorite.  I have fun watching the talking heads proclaim my Rams as the clear favorites one week and then ask when are they benching Goff the next...  Green Bay NO & Tampa are in the mix but I still think the Hawks will get it together & represent the NFC.

I got KC out of the AFC and I think Pittsburgh will meet them in the AFC Championship game.

I don't know.  While I do believe we'll get it together, we are playing the next 3 games against Jets and the rest of the NFC East.  We should win those games but honestly, I've been watching this team for a long time and I'm not convinced.  I'm also not convinced your Rams are done -- 49ers for that matter.  A lot of football to be played.  I do think we go to the playoffs and I'm guessing Russell and Co figure out how to win the first game.  But unless we have a resurgence -- I don't see it.  Our last two games are against you guys and the 49ers.  That'll tell me if I should be buddying up with @jsharr sooner than later.

5 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I don't know.  While I do believe we'll get it together, we are playing the next 3 games against Jets and the rest of the NFC East.  We should win those games but honestly, I've been watching this team for a long time and I'm not convinced.  I'm also not convinced your Rams are done -- 49ers for that matter.  A lot of football to be played.  I do think we go to the playoffs and I'm guessing Russell and Co figure out how to win the first game.  But unless we have a resurgence -- I don't see it.  Our last two games are against you guys and the 49ers.  That'll tell me if I should be buddying up with @jsharr sooner than later.

Yeah but who’s going to take the Seahawks down?  The Rams can when Goff has his head out of his ass, the Packers are flawed as NO and Tampa.  The NFC is a crapshoot, it’s whoever rights the ship for the playoff run.

Just now, ChrisL said:

The NFC is a crapshoot, it’s whoever rights the ship for the playoff run.

Agreed.  I do think one or two teams will emerge from our league.  I'm not convinced that's us.  We better get our defense together or this conversation is moot.  I'm not ready to crown KC just yet either in the other league.  But I think we agree, at this snapshot in time, they look pretty darn good.

• Heart 1