At my local grocery store today...

Some Old Guy

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

didn't they learn the first time there was no shortage? Also, it's probably the same people buying it now, even though they still have more than needed for a decade.

I have to admit, there was a part of me that said, "Buy some toilet paper, you never know what might happen!"  But I didn't listen and walked on by.  :D

8 minutes ago, Jamie said:

... The hoarders appear to have lost this round of virus fear to the paper product producers and their supply chains.  A week ago, the shelves were wiped clean, but now my store is reloaded with toilet paper, paper towels and other paper products.  Yay!  :skipping:

How many cart fulls did you pickup?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

didn't they learn the first time there was no shortage? Also, it's probably the same people buying it now, even though they still have more than needed for a decade.

We were running low last week and we asked my daughter if they still had some from her hoarder MIL.   I have enough for the next 2 years, take all you want.  

Daughters hoarder MIL was going to Costco & Walmart daily this past spring and buying as much as they would allow.  Now she and my daughter/SIL have cases of TP stashed in their garages.  

We ended up buying our own but they won’t need TP for a very looong time and their garage is taken up with it.. Freaking crazy...

• Heart 1

On 12/2/2020 at 3:34 PM, 2Far said:

2 women in the house, so, a month's supply??

I've wondered about this lately.  I live alone these days, so a large roll lasts me about 2 or 3 weeks.  Then I think about my neighbors' house with two adult women, a very large man, a teenage boy and an adolescent girl.  With only one bathroom.  They must go through a roll every couple days.  :o

1 hour ago, Jamie said:

I've wondered about this lately.  I live alone these days, so a large roll lasts me about 2 or 3 weeks.  Then I think about my neighbors' house with two adult women, a very large man, a teenage boy and an adolescent girl.  With only one bathroom.  They must go through a roll every couple days.  :o

Yeah, I’d bet closer to a roll a day.