Weekend plans this first weekend in December?

petitepedal

I'm retired so it will be the same thing that I do every other day of the week.....work in the garage on trying to figure out on how to make sidecar faster. 

I will be doing some math and spinning metal parts in a lathe.  

• Heart 1

Mandolorian episode tonight. So7 is into this and makes sure we watch the new episode every week.

Filling in at the LBS tomorrow. This isn't a Fatbike town so we won't be celebrating other than having a beer or two after work.

Sunday, get some schoolwork done. I have several readings to catch up on. One dealing with the 2011 tornado that hit Tuscaloosa AL. Then write a few paragraphs on what they did right, what could have been done better. Hindsight is 2020.

Will have to work part of the weekend.  My nephew is in town this weekend, and since I won't likely see him at Christmas, I may try to visit my sister's to see him, but it's a pretty quick trip for him, so it may not work out. Otherwise I'll catch up on some Christmas related chores, do some shopping and nap.

• Heart 1

Not much.  Have to finish the audio wiring at the church.  Mass Saturday evening, only one this weekend.  Rain most of tomorrow, so putzing inside the house.  Probably do some outdoor decorating Sunday, if it's not too cold, some work on the car.  SOOOoo close to getting the front wheels back on the ground!

Damn.  The fluorescent pink paint won't be here for more than a week.  Then of course I shouldn't paint it indoors because youngest son lives too close to the paint shop.  But I might try to sneak it in in small batches.  The Hell Fire Graphics have been ordered.  I'm excited about this new paint scheme for MMR.  

One more peek of the original concept.  I'm using a more modern C7 body without the flames though.

634d75884ce42e2b5ee0d7b6251790e2.thumb.jpg.a47f2872160e50535c1ada87704e3514.jpg

• Heart 1

If the weather permits, I'll walk Jake. I don't want to walk a mall with COVID soaring, prefering outdoor hills, no crowds, and plenty of social distance so no mask.

I'm still experimenting with how foods are affecting my blood sugar, with constant monitoring by my Freestyle Libre.

Last night, I found that my sugar stayed good after two batter-coated, baked chicken legs plus half a box of Kraft Extra Creamy Mac & Cheese with the fibrous addition of half a fried, chopped onion, 4 oz. of steamed broccoli and a handful of shredded cheddar to kick-it-up a notch.  Now that I've established the max-carb limit, next time, I'll up the broccoli to 8 oz. o and eat 1./3 of a box with an additional side of green beans or corn or slice tomato, etc.

This weekend, I'm going to see how much whole wheat spaghetti I can consume without my blood sugar soaring and how it tastes. I got thin and regular spaghetti in case the thin is too different in texture. It has almost the same carbs as regular pasta but with a lot more fiber:

539279033_RonzoniWholeWheatRotini.jpg.92d3458c70500e1a394dd9ebd50d3927.jpg 1890690314_RonzoniWholeWheatSpaghetti.jpg.261d2fca080298703cf05fa5164c28d1.jpg 392172503_RonzoniWholeWheatSpaghettiNutrition.jpg.2eafd0db330ae407cc8f54bd37df49ef.jpg

367870021_RonzoniWholeWheatThinSpaghetti.jpg.0af586e282c1c45b667bad6c6b70b408.jpg

Pressure cleaning the sidewalks.

Also need to trouble shoot the icemaker in the freezer. Stopped working. Have already checked the temp and it is at the target 0 degrees F.  Will start with the basic, like water flow. I know the 5 year filter is 5 years old and have the replacement to install, and hopefully it is a water flow issue the new filter will resolve. Otherwise it gets more complex.

4 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Work tomorrow, then maybe mow the grass and leaves one last time on Sunday ifn it dries oot.  Walk Ruby and ride the bike as weather permits.  And I have to get the van on craigslist to get it off the insurance.

If I wanted to mow tomorrow it would require the snow blades.

Crap.