Would you rather be referred to as...

Square Wheels

I will take any of them. I’ve received each at one time or another. Craziest one was finding out I’m the “free pass” for an attractive woman my son’s age! Wife of a coworker was at a girls’ night where this came up. She shared with her hubby and he told me. Not sure what I was supposed to do with this information, but I was flattered. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Further said:

I answer to Hey Asshole...

The forge had a guy (owl call him Harry, because that is his name) that liked to call everyone “Hey Asshole”. We had a high lift driver who didn’t like to be called that. The one night this guy needed another tub of billets on the loading platform. He called the lift driver: “Hey Asshole, I need a lift over here.” Now anytime you run billets through the furnace and don’t make a part out of them for one reason or another the billets get scaly as they cool off. Harry was a loader and his job was to load billets into the furnace. Loaders hated loading scaly billets because the scale would flake off and cover the electric eye on the furnace. The worst ones to load would be the ones that didn’t have time to cool off and had to be put under water to quickly cool them so they could be loaded. The wet scale was worse than the dry scale because it got the loader’s gloves wet handling them and the wet scale stuck to the electric eye a lot more and kept the loader busy cleaning the eye between billets. 
When Harry asked for a lift there were lots of tubs of fresh billets that were not scaly and there was one tub of billets that had been run through the furnace and were scaly but had air cooled so they were not wet. The “Asshole” high lift driver took the dry scaly billets and put them under water and then brought them to Harry to load. I asked him why he did that? He said Harry called me an Asshole, I’ll show him who’s an Asshole. Harry never called him Asshole again. End of story.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

The forge had a guy (owl call him Harry, because that is his name) that liked to call everyone “Hey Asshole”. We had a high lift driver who didn’t like to be called that. The one night this guy needed another tub of billets on the loading platform. He called the lift driver: “Hey Asshole, I need a lift over here.” Now anytime you run billets through the furnace and don’t make a part out of them for one reason or another the billets get scaly as they cool off. Harry was a loader and his job was to load billets into the furnace. Loaders hated loading scaly billets because the scale would flake off and cover the electric eye on the furnace. The worst ones to load would be the ones that didn’t have time to cool off and had to be put under water to quickly cool them so they could be loaded. The wet scale was worse than the dry scale because it got the loader’s gloves wet handling them and the wet scale stuck to the electric eye a lot more and kept the loader busy cleaning the eye between billets. 
When Harry asked for a lift there were lots of tubs of fresh billets that were not scaly and there was one tub of billets that had been run through the furnace and were scaly but had air cooled so they were not wet. The “Asshole” high lift driver took the dry scaly billets and put them under water and then brought them to Harry to load. I asked him why he did that? He said Harry called me an Asshole, I’ll show him who’s an Asshole. Harry never called him Asshole again. End of story.

That was like the shoeshine guy on Caddyshack. :D

• Haha 1