remember when Ricky and Lucy moved to Connecticut?

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by Kirby,

In 1957, when the Ricardos moved to Westport, Connecticut, Fred was almost as devastated by the loss of his best friends as Ethel was. When the chance came for the Mertzes to apply for the job of hired hand in the Ricardos' chicken/egg business, they did so in a heartbeat and moved to Westport, too. This is their current living location. The Mertzes live in the Ricardos' guest house, and they get free room and board for taking care of the chickens, as well as a portion of the profits from the egg sales (60 cents a dozen). Once the Ricardos' landlords, the Mertzes now are the Ricardos' tenants.

• Heart 1

The show was never the same once they moved to CT.  But I did like the episode where Ethel bonds with Lucy's friend Betty Ramsey.  The undercurrent of jealousy is very dramatic, but the spirit of love overcomes all.

• Heart 1

William Frawley played Fred Mertz and Bub, the boys maternal grandfather.  

From Wiki:

My Three Sons is an American situation comedy. The series ran from 1960 to 1965 on ABC, and moved to CBS until its end on August 24, 1972. My Three Sons chronicles the life of widower and aeronautical engineerSteven Douglas (Fred MacMurray) as he raises his three sons. The series originally featured William Frawley as the boys' live-in maternal grandfather, Bub. William Demarest, playing Bub's brother, replaced Frawley in 1965 due to Frawley's health issues. 

William Frawley played Fred Mertz and Bub, the boys maternal grandfather.  

From Wiki:

My Three Sons is an American situation comedy. The series ran from 1960 to 1965 on ABC, and moved to CBS until its end on August 24, 1972. My Three Sons chronicles the life of widower and aeronautical engineerSteven Douglas (Fred MacMurray) as he raises his three sons. The series originally featured William Frawley as the boys' live-in maternal grandfather, Bub. William Demarest, playing Bub's brother, replaced Frawley in 1965 due to Frawley's health issues. 

I didn't know that!

And WTF did we do before Wikipedia? scratch%20head.gif:dontknow::D