Robin Williams

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by smudge,

World According to Garp seems like yesterday. :(

One of his absolute best movies ever! I was just talking about that movie this weekend. That scene where they're looking at the new house and a plane crashed into it and he screams "We'll take it! It's disaster proofed now.".

• Heart 1

One of his absolute best movies ever! I was just talking about that movie this weekend. That scene where they're looking at the new house and a plane crashed into it and he screams "We'll take it! It's disaster proofed now.".

John Lithgow was great in that movie too.

So I'm watching an ABC station this evening and they break in with a SPECIAL REPORT.  I'm thinking the Middle East blew up or terrorists took out a building or train somewhere.  It's a shame that Robin Williams died but when and why does the death of someone form Hollywood warrant SPECIAL REPORT?

So I'm watching an ABC station this evening and they break in with a SPECIAL REPORT.  I'm thinking the Middle East blew up or terrorists took out a building or train somewhere.  It's a shame that Robin Williams died but when and why does the death of someone form Hollywood warrant SPECIAL REPORT?

Get with the program, Kokomo!

I had no idea what I'd see when I clicked this thread.  I'm shocked.

If he was troubled then I hope he's found peace but if he took his own life - jeez, I just hate to see such a life end that way.

I thought he was friggin' hilarious.  Fisher King... Garp... Doubtfire... and maybe my favorite was his turn behind the mike in Good Morning Vietnam.

• Heart 1

GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may,  
  Old Time is still a-flying:  
And this same flower that smiles to-day  
  To-morrow will be dying.  

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,          
  The higher he 's a-getting,  
The sooner will his race be run,  
  And nearer he 's to setting.  

That age is best which is the first,  
  When youth and blood are warmer;   
But being spent, the worse, and worst  
  Times still succeed the former.  

Then be not coy, but use your time,  
  And while ye may, go marry:  
For having lost but once your prime,   
  You may for ever tarry.  

My heart is breaking! President Obama summed it up beautifully:

"Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien -- but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most -- from our troops stationed abroad to the marginalized on our own streets."

RIP, Mr Williams. I am truly sorry your soul was so tortured when you brought much joy and laughter into the lives of so many. From What Dreams May Come:

"A whole human life is just a heartbeat here in Heaven. Then we'll all be together forever."

We'll see you there.

• Heart 2

World According to Garp seems like yesterday. :(

I guess I should watch it then,,,,

I loved him in Awakenings.  Never like him before that movie, but he showed some serious acting abilitiy starting with that movie and then several others after that.

I guess I should watch it then,,,,

I loved him in Awakenings.  Never like him before that movie, but he showed some serious acting abilitiy starting with that movie and then several others after that.

It reminds me a little bit of Forrest Gump. Just one of those, "take a random interesting person and show their life" kind of movies.

I had figured he probably experienced some depression issues but then who hasn't. Sad, sometimes all it takes to get through some of that is just somebody being nearby, but I've known several people who at the moment at least, didn't, and then sank even deeper to where there was only one exit.

What pisses me off however are all the fuckwads in the interwebs blasting him for having killed himself, like they know a damn thing about why people tend to do that....