How Can The Best Light Evah!??!?!??!?

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Thank you. I do not like LEDs or CFLs. I like the warm glow of incandescent :) that's all I have at home. For purposes of focused light to see things, like a  bike light, LED all the way.

I don’t like LED’s either in my house but... The best light evah for my dark cavernous garage is that 3 way LED that plugs into the single bulb socket.

No additional wiring, no hanging additional ballasts. Just screw it in and viola! 

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I don’t like LED’s either in my house but...

We have some high ceilings, so LEDs have been a HUGE WIN for me not needing to drag a step-ladder into the house to change burned out bulbs.  I did put some in our porch stoop light, and the three "little" LEDs light up the front of the house like an airport runway!  I generally try to use that one sparingly, but it does startle folks walking past which is good if I am about to take the dog for her pre-bed pee break and don't want to surprise a dog walker or fox.

18 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We have some high ceilings, so LEDs have been a HUGE WIN for me not needing to drag a step-ladder into the house to change burned out bulbs.  I did put some in our porch stoop light, and the three "little" LEDs light up the front of the house like an airport runway!  I generally try to use that one sparingly, but it does startle folks walking past which is good if I am about to take the dog for her pre-bed pee break and don't want to surprise a dog walker or fox.

We replaced the fluorescent lights in our kitchen with 6 LED cans about 5 years ago.  I have a small galley style kitchen so the plan was 4 evenly spaced cans and one over the sink.  However a support beam centered over the sink in the ceiling forced me to make a decision, stick with the four cans or go with 6 with two evenly spaced cans over the sink. I went with 6 not realizing how much light they put out...

The first time we hit the lights I was blinded!  OMG my kitchen is freaking bright and the light literally illuminated 1/2 of the greenbelt outside too!  

• Haha 1

"No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a cellar or under a basket, but on a stand, that those who come in may see the light. The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore when your eye is good, your whole body is also full of light; but when it is evil, your body also is full of darkness. Therefore see whether the light that is in you isn't darkness. If therefore your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, it will be wholly full of light, as when the lamp with its bright shining gives you light."

28 minutes ago, jsharr said:

"No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a cellar or under a basket, but on a stand, that those who come in may see the light. The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore when your eye is good, your whole body is also full of light; but when it is evil, your body also is full of darkness. Therefore see whether the light that is in you isn't darkness. If therefore your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, it will be wholly full of light, as when the lamp with its bright shining gives you light."

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, jsharr said:

great, but why didn't he tell us LED or Incandescent?  

I believe I only have one incandescent of CFLs left in the house.  And the LEDs are mostly colored and smart, so the glow is whatever I want.  Tell the house to "make it nightime" and I get a nice, warm moonlight glow.  and the one incandescent is over the stove, "make the kitchen pretty" dims everything and matches the undercabinet LED strips to the exact same glow as the stove light.  "I can't see what I'm cooking" blasts the whole kitchen to 100% daylight

1 minute ago, 12string said:

great, but why didn't he tell us LED or Incandescent?  

I believe I only have one incandescent of CFLs left in the house.  And the LEDs are mostly colored and smart, so the glow is whatever I want.  Tell the house to "make it nightime" and I get a nice, warm moonlight glow.  and the one incandescent is over the stove, "make the kitchen pretty" dims everything and matches the undercabinet LED strips to the exact same glow as the stove light.  "I can't see what I'm cooking" blasts the whole kitchen to 100% daylight

I am not sure they had incandescent olive oil back then. let alone CFL or LED