Band Aids

petitepedal

What the heck...last night I used a fabric type one (Band Aid Brand)..I had a hard time getting the thing off...and I may need some GooGone to get the sticky stuff off my finger...Other times I use the light weight plastic ones...and they don't stick...and the plastic splits...AND there are a freaking million different kinds of band aids out there...What ever happened to the olden days and simple band aids...the fancy ones with Mickey's picture on it were the expensive ones...Which we did not buy.. Give me a plain ol band aid.

Mrs. Silly asked me to pick some Band-aids at the grocery store last week.  I stood in front of the display for 5 minutes trying to figure out which ones she wanted.  I went with "Hello Kittie".

When I worked in the ED one of my favorite things to do was to put Hello Kitty band aids on drunk guys.  Several times we had dudes arrested for DUI with facial injuries that were going to jail after their treatment.  I would always put Hello Kitty band aids on the facial injuries and they would never know. 

It's the little things that get you through a shift.  Of course I would probably get in trouble for that these days.

At Sea Scout Base Galveston, I discovered the miracle of the "blister" band aid!  Those things are genius.  They stick to anything and stay on no matter what.  Takes a bit of work to get them off, but they sure did keep the salwater and stuff out of the cuts on my big toes. One cut was from a barnacle or something on the dock floats and the other was from getting my foot stepped on by another scout.

I have a huge pile of Tegaderm leftover from my belly wound. Probably enough to cover my whole body a half a dozen times.

Yeah.  When I left the hospital from my really bad crash four years ago, they gave me a ton of wound dressing paraphenalia.  I could probably supply a trauma clinic for a week.   :D