Friday’s wire picture + chicken picture

Longjohn

13 minutes ago, Further said:

I am so tempted to get a few chickens, eat bugs, give eggs, taste good, where is the down side  :dontknow:

They will eat anything. You will have to fence your garden. They leave green tomatoes alone but when they turn red look out. They have been eating my Brussel sprouts this week. 

3 hours ago, Further said:

I am so tempted to get a few chickens, eat bugs, give eggs, taste good, where is the down side  :dontknow:

I've never had a yard big enough - or zoned - to keep chickens.

I wanted to - it was one reason I considered moving to northern Maryland near the PA border where you could get 1.5 acres and a house with double spiral staircases for the same price as a small mini-Cape Cod home on a 100' x 60' plot.

Then my cousin Larry did it, buying a beautiful house on a couple acres in Maryland near Gettysburg, PA, and had to get the service area he had for Otis Elevator switched to Western Maryland because it was taking him over two hours to drive 40 miles SE to Baltimore on crowded roads.

So I stayed where I'm at and did without chickens.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, smudge said:

I wonder if they know there may be yummy bugs in the woodpile and are hoping you expose the bugs.

I think you are onto something. Every load I take to the woodshed when I come back the chickens are rooting around where I just removed the wood. I saw one of the chickens catch a mouse. It ran away from the other chickens, it didn’t want to share it’s meal.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1