who will get masks for Christmas

shootingstar

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I actually had our vendor who does up all our company swag put our corporate security logo on a bunch of masks/face coverings.

I had my guys choose what they wanted, (all picked a type of light jacket) and I’ll throw in the masks as a surprise.

We bought some with our logo on for employees and any customers that want one.  They are just a bit small for me.

My wild sister gave me a pumpkin mask for Halloween, and a friend gave me one with a school logo on it.  I gave some to my sisters during the summer when I found some cloth ones I particularly liked.  These were just for casual use when going to a grocery store, not for all day at work.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I can't get those.  Only by need, and only after fit testing.

Same for siblings who work in various hospitals. Only doctor-sister has a N-95.  She said because wearing one all the time, does get tiring, gives her a headache at times..and of course, if properly fitted, the mask can leave marks on your face.

The others are wearing what their employer gives-- 1 step down. The sister who is a receptionist, patient intake clerk for pediatric cancer floor, was checked for fit on her 1-step down mask.

In all the places where each sibling has worked, there is/have been covid cases since Mar.

9 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Only by need, and only after fit testing.

Yah, that’s how we were, until 2 asymptomatic Covid positive people were in our midst in two week’s time, despite very careful screening (and testing). We were able to limit our exposure to hours, but not eliminate it. Then suddenly they became available, briefly. I won’t be back in the office until after Christmas, but I suspect what I will see is a return to our previous standard, due to a lack of resources for both PPE and testing capacity.