its Saturday

bikeman564™

At my parents. Want to walk and run their cars, which don’t get used much, to keep the batteries up. My mother fell this morning. She comes inches from bashing her head on the fireplace foundation (cement). She’s like, no big deal I didn’t get hurt. But I know it’s a big deal. 

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 1

Just finishing up a lovely Oolong that made it's way to me via NYC...wow a very delicate and smooth flavor.

Thanks RG :cheerleader:

Also watching cooking shows..and chatting here. Overcast and gloomy outside..plan to do some picking up..a little dusting and work on my floors..but no rush..I have til TUESDAY :loveshower: to finish

• Heart 2

Having a coffee and surfing the forum.  Will do breakfast and a soak in the hottub.  Hopefully a trainer ride as it is cold and rainy here.  WofZ is done her major work push so we will finish getting the house ready for Christmas and make even get some Christmad baking done.

I have some marinated Aleppo pepper chicken in the fridge for supper with an Arugula-fennel salad

• Heart 2

It's supposed to be around 60F between 2-4 pm today with light winds and partly cloudy.  I'll take Jake for an hour's walk around 2.  My way out-of-shape body is getting to the point where 2-3 mile walks every other day are doable with little or no calf pain in between.  I may go for shorter ones (1.5 miles, 30 min.) every day if there are a few decent weather days in a row.

After a 60F Sunday, it's rainy and colder.  Thursday is forecast as partly sunny, high of 42F (feels like 38F) and is probably the next long-walk day.  High 40's to low 50's forecast Sunday thru Wednesday so I hope I may try 30 min walks every day then.

• Heart 1

I did some nose work practice with each dog. We are going to try to earn some titles in scent work. Container trials first. 12 boxes that look the same. One has birch oil on a swab in it. Lindy likes to signal the find by banging it with his paw.  Apparently this is ok unless he flips the box. I am trying to teach him to be gentle. If he titles in containers, outside searches and buried searches, he will move up a notch toward getting his Airedale Versatility award.  I like the idea of him being well rounded in multiple dog sports. 

• Heart 3

28 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

My Dad is really struggling today. Can’t really wake up, couldn’t eat much lunch. Even with oxygen, he struggles to catch his breath after the slightest exertion. He’s dozing now, but I wonder how many days or weeks are left. Almost lost him in July and again in October. 

You are a good son. 

• Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, Airehead said:

You are a good son. 

Nursing is not my nature. None of what I’ve had to do today is hard. Mostly get up every few minutes and push my Dad somewhere or fetch stuff to make him comfortable. There are overnight personal care aides, and there might be one coming this afternoon. BuffCarla is taking my mom out to get a Christmas wreath, one of my mom’s rare chances to get away. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf said:

I am eating an IHOP omelette I picked up while running some errands, and maybe I'll watch some Netflix because it's wet and cold outside.

IHOP on the Beltline?  I had to go to the bank (Macatawa) and drove through their parking lot around noon.  I was surprised to see that they were still in business let alone open.

No dog walks today.  It rained yesterday afternoon, over night, and it just quit raining less than an hour ago.

I got to help WoBG put up Christmas tree #8.   I'm DONE with trees.  :hapydance:

Next we will celebrate our dog Parker's birthday.   1 year ago today, he came to live with us.  He was 12 last year an we rescued him from the local vet.  Bella will get some treats too...

Parker.thumb.jpg.9e1faf1befb9be225c8d132ad218cc16.jpg

• Heart 3

Well  I went out and turned the compost pile first, that was a mistake, cause there wasn't much energy left when finished. I think the covid took more out of me than I realized. I did make it to the grocery store ., but may end up with take out pizza for dinner.

Mrs Further is wiped out and had no interest in putting up a tree.

So not much got done today. 

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

IHOP on the Beltline?  I had to go to the bank (Macatawa) and drove through their parking lot around noon.  I was surprised to see that they were still in business let alone open.

The very same.  They actually seem to do reasonably well, at least on a weekend, when they've been open. I mean, they're not the Real Food Cafe five minutes from my house, but they're passable food and the online order system makes it easy.

I had to go to LMCU; we probably passed each other in the parking lot and didn't even know it.

• Heart 1

I spent the whole day sorting through paperwork and cards and whatnot that my wife had stacked by her chair back when she was handling all her own bills and insurance and stuff. I’ve been putting off messing with her personal stuff but she wasn’t going to do it. I put up our Christmas tree, she liked that. I have a roast in the oven for dinner.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

My Dad is really struggling today. Can’t really wake up, couldn’t eat much lunch. Even with oxygen, he struggles to catch his breath after the slightest exertion. He’s dozing now, but I wonder how many days or weeks are left. Almost lost him in July and again in October. 

He’s perked up a bit now. 

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 2