One Thing I Have NEVER Considered Doing!

Razors Edge

...is adding sugar to orange juice :scratchhead:  As @Square Wheels shows us, though, is that vegans think a wee bit differently than the rest of us.

FTR, "my shifting is off, so I won't do some climbs" is a TOTAL BS excuse.  Adjust the shifting!!  It's a barrel twist (mech) or a lever tap (Di2).  :(

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Zephyr said:

When I was in University, I took part in a two day, 70 mile cross country ski race.  At the checkpoints they gave us hot orange juice with honey in it.  That is the only time before this I ever heard of adding suger to OJ.

My paternal grandmother did that because she thought orange juice was too sour.

We kids preferred staying and eating with our maternal grandmother instead. :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

When I was in University, I took part in a two day, 70 mile cross country ski race.  At the checkpoints they gave us hot orange juice with honey in it.  That is the only time before this I ever heard of adding suger to OJ.

I think, for whatever reason, she seems super worried about bonking.  Bonking seems unlikely on the ride she was planning to do.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, donkpow said:

It is also my understanding that she stresses the importance of showering after an event of this magnitude. 

Maybe I just heard that, I don't know.

Speaking of athletic folks showering (and tied to my camping posts), it seems folks like to shower a lot.

• Awesome 1

13 hours ago, Kzoo said:

She needs to zip up her jersey and clean her bar tape.  So disgusting on so many levels.

Her jersey is just fine, I didn’t see her bar tape but if she would use brown or black bar tape it wouldn’t be an issue. She needs to adjust her shifter. It’ snot rocket surgery.

• Awesome 1

10 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Her jersey is just fine, I didn’t see her bar tape but if she would use brown or black bar tape it wouldn’t be an issue. She needs to adjust her shifter. It’ snot rocket surgery.

Exactly.  Not sure what triggered him, but your points are SPOT ON!

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

The self obsession in people is a crazy phenomenon these days.  I really wonder what the future will look like after decades of this behavior.

I remember a time when it was thought that pocket calculators would be the end of educated kids.  Things change.  Things stay the same.  That should be an IB quote.