Remember Tobycat?

Former member

Wasn't Toby hurt in a race? Seriously hurt.

i think it was a pothole IIRC.

When I had my wreck that broke my neck, I think it was a crosswind that pushed me off the road at very high speed, but I have no real clear memory of it, and I think Toby is sorta in the same boat. Many gaps in memory from around the time that it happened.

i think it was a pothole IIRC.

When I had my wreck that broke my neck, I think it was a crosswind that pushed me off the road at very high speed, but I have no real clear memory of it, and I think Toby is sorta in the same boat. Many gaps in memory from around the time that it happened.

Been there, have the T-shirt.  Not a bike.  A pickup football game.  It's typical that the last several seconds before the head drama are lost.

I don't remember hitting K's wheel, or the ride home.  My first memory is standing at the mailbox and repeatedly asking K why I was covered in blood.  I just kept saying "Look at this blood.  Where is this blood coming from?"

I think the memory loss is a self protection mechanism.  You block things out.

I don't remember hitting K's wheel, or the ride home.  My first memory is standing at the mailbox and repeatedly asking K why I was covered in blood.  I just kept saying "Look at this blood.  Where is this blood coming from?"

I think the memory loss is a self protection mechanism.  You block things out.

yep

Been there, have the T-shirt. Not a bike. A pickup football game. It's typical that the last several seconds before the head drama are lost.

I'm missing about 10 minutes before, and the next 2 days. People have helped me remember things I forgot, but some of their memories of details don't ring a bell at all

I had a lot of memory issues after a mid-air motorcycle collision.  A guy recognized me at a bar about a year later and filled me in on what happened.  I found out you can't steer a motorcycle once it's in the air going off a jump.  Eventually I recalled some of the details but the first thing I remember is my arm hurting and asking my brother why it was in a sling.  He said I had been asking him that same question over and over for two days.  He told me I wrecked my motorcycle and I asked him how bad it was damaged.  The strange thing about it was the other guy came out of the accident in better shape than me and he wanted to take me to the hospital.  I told him I would be ok and he helped my load my bike back on to my truck.  I drove it home and my brother found me sitting in the front yard, my bike still on the truck and the house still locked up.  We have no idea how long I was sitting in the yard.